Weird issue with Windows 10

Machoman

I just built a new PC and I wanted to do a fresh install since my hard drive has some viruses. My original PC had Win 8.1 Pro before Win10 came out and I was deciding for about a week or so if I wanted to get Win10. I then said screw it I'm just gonna get it and use that free install. It updated to Win10 Home/Pro (as I had thought) of whichever version they where doing for the free upgrade. To now my PC doesn't have a CD drive so he said he has a Win10 Home on a USB and just use the code from yours it should work. Well I used Magic Jellybean to get my code and it said I had Windows 10 Enterprise and my code and all that. Well just installing it my code of course says it doesn't work, so I looked on activating it later and it says i have Windows 10 Pro. but when i use Jelly bean it says I have Enterprise and my CD key is the same, even though its a new hard drive and a USB windows so it has not been in contact with another hard drive.  I did just recently sign into windows with my Microsoft account I have for Xbox but I wasn't sure if they would somehow give this PC an Enterprise Windows.

if anyone can help with this I'd appreciate it.

Who's the fastest God alive? MERCURY!

Want to play SMITE? Xboxone GamerTag is ItsMrMachoMan

When upgrading from Win8.1 to Win10 during the free Win10 upgrade you never got a WIn10 key.

What you got is a digital entitlement license for your device, just signing into your MS account should reactive your OS as long as you have not done any major hardware upgrades since the free upgrade (ie changing platform from Intel to AMD).

23 hours ago, C2dan88 said:

When upgrading from Win8.1 to Win10 during the free Win10 upgrade you never got a WIn10 key.

What you got is a digital entitlement license for your device, just signing into your MS account should reactive your OS as long as you have not done any major hardware upgrades since the free upgrade (ie changing platform from Intel to AMD).

Yea I had switched from Intel to AMD

Who's the fastest God alive? MERCURY!

Want to play SMITE? Xboxone GamerTag is ItsMrMachoMan

That will be why your OS wont activate. The free upgrade is only intended for the hardware you had at the time you did the free Win10 upgrade.  Contact MS support and see if they will issue you a new key. Otherwise you'll have to get a new one (this forum has many discussion for getting cheap win10 keys).