will DDR4 3600MHz work with ASUS ROG Strix B450-F?

Go to solution Solved by FeltoM,
13 minutes ago, Liltrashman said:

Nice man, and i don't know the answer to your question, but have you oc'ed your cpu? and how much?

I did not. I'm not really into OC, and I do not know much about it to feel comfortable doing it. Plus, I'm still using the stock cooler.

I just bought the items yesterday, with an ryzen 7 3700x. Just wondering if the ram is compatible with the motherboard

Maybe a stupid question idk:)

17 minutes ago, Liltrashman said:

I just bought the items yesterday, with an ryzen 7 3700x. Just wondering if the ram is compatible with the motherboard

Should work yes since the Memory Controller is on the CPU and the Motherboard DRAM Lanes are unlikely to cause issues at 3600mhz.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

27 minutes ago, Liltrashman said:

will probably work, just keep in mind the bios update you will need before building. I don't remember if that board has the bios flashback option for upgrading without a supported cpu installed. The memory controller on the cpu should support it, but depending on the specific memory sku and the qvl list of the motherboard you may have to tweek timings and speed if the specific model isn't specifically supported. It will probably work with no issue, but just keep that in mind

4 hours ago, Arrogath said:

will probably work, just keep in mind the bios update you will need before building. I don't remember if that board has the bios flashback option for upgrading without a supported cpu installed. The memory controller on the cpu should support it, but depending on the specific memory sku and the qvl list of the motherboard you may have to tweek timings and speed if the specific model isn't specifically supported. It will probably work with no issue, but just keep that in mind

i called the retailers on the site i bought it off, they said it was already updated bios for the cpu

6 hours ago, Liltrashman said:

It worked for me. I have the exact same configuration (Asus Strix B450-F Gaming, Ryzen 7 3700X, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8GBx2) 3600MHZ). Just don't forget to apply the D.O.C.P. (Asus XMP) for your memory.
But I have another question, I bought 2x of these kits (Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8GBx2) 3600MHZ), and one stick came with some issue, so I requested an RMA, and Corsair sent me a new different kit, a Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB (8GBx2) 3600MHZ. My question is, will this work with my other kit, since their profiles are slightly different: Dominator Platinum RGB 3600mhz, 18-19-19-39, and Vengeance LPX 3600mhz 18-22-22-42?

Thank you guys.

2 hours ago, FeltoM said:

It worked for me. I have the exact same configuration (Asus Strix B450-F Gaming, Ryzen 7 3700X, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8GBx2) 3600MHZ). Just don't forget to apply the D.O.C.P. (Asus XMP) for your memory.
But I have another question, I bought 2x of these kits (Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8GBx2) 3600MHZ), and one stick came with some issue, so I requested an RMA, and Corsair sent me a new different kit, a Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB (8GBx2) 3600MHZ. My question is, will this work with my other kit, since their profiles are slightly different: Dominator Platinum RGB 3600mhz, 18-19-19-39, and Vengeance LPX 3600mhz 18-22-22-42?

Thank you guys.

Nice man, and i don't know the answer to your question, but have you oc'ed your cpu? and how much?

13 minutes ago, Liltrashman said:

I did not. I'm not really into OC, and I do not know much about it to feel comfortable doing it. Plus, I'm still using the stock cooler.

1 hour ago, FeltoM said:

did you need to update the bios for it to run the cpu?

Just now, Liltrashman said:

did you need to update the bios for it to run the cpu?

Kind of. I was able to boot and even install the OS, but I was getting a lot of BSOD, and some random issues. After updating the BIOS everything worked perfectly. Another thing, before updating the BIOS I was having a hard time setting up my M.2 NVME SSD. I don't know if was related, but it fixes it too.

1 hour ago, FeltoM said:

Kind of. I was able to boot and even install the OS, but I was getting a lot of BSOD, and some random issues. After updating the BIOS everything worked perfectly. Another thing, before updating the BIOS I was having a hard time setting up my M.2 NVME SSD. I don't know if was related, but it fixes it too.

i heard it could give some problems with the M.2

was scared that i only could boot with an older cpu