how to overclock monitor

m0oble
Go to solution Solved by Axeonelite,
2 minutes ago, m0oble said:

was confused why changing my 2nd monitor from 60hz to 65hz stretched it to high hell and made it look like 240p

That may mean two things. 

#1 The "Create Custom Resolution" option defaults to the selected resolution on screen at the time of selecting it. Ensure you have your current resolution highlighted or change it to the correct one. 

#2 it may just be out of your monitors supported range and it is unable to encode the data you're sendng it. 

If the settings are correct then you're simply unable to overclock. Monitors on the cheap end are just that... cheap. The hardware will sometimes have a limiter or simply a difficulty detecting data beyond its supported range. 

i have a sceptre c27, the bigger size of the monitor linus reviewed in the cheap 144hz monitors video, how do i get extra hz and if i do does that hurt the monitor at all and or kill the warranty

pc specs:

Spoiler

r5 3600
16gb ddr4 3200mhz

b450 tomahawk max
rx 6600xt

1tb ssd + 6tb hdd
meshify c
750w dragon or something psu idk

i have a sceptre c27, the bigger size of the monitor linus reviewed in the cheap 144hz monitors video, how do i get extra hz and if i do does that hurt the monitor at all and or kill the warranty

What graphics card are you using?

1 minute ago, MartinIAm said:

What graphics card are you using?

gt 710 2gb

pc specs:

Spoiler

r5 3600
16gb ddr4 3200mhz

b450 tomahawk max
rx 6600xt

1tb ssd + 6tb hdd
meshify c

If you are using a Nvidia graphics card it is simple. 

Go into your Nvidia Control Panel (I get there by right clicking the desktop) Then under "Change Resolution" under where your monitors are listed select "Customize" and add a new preset with your monitors resolution and your new refresh rate! Try 5 or so more than 60 to start and keep going from there.

Just because desktop is stable DOESN'T mean your games will. So always try a game between changes even if it saves correctly. 

**EDIT**

Didn't read your entire post. With that graphics card I'd be amazed if you're even utilizing the full 144hz in your monitor. Check to make sure that 144hz is enabled. It usually isn't by default in my experience. there wouldn't be a reason for most to go beyond that. IF your eyes are able to perceive that framerate you wouldn't see a difference until you get into the 240hz range. A handful or two of FPS wouldn't make a difference.

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

Check Edit please just to endure clarity 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Axeonelite said:

Check Edit please just to endure clarity 

was confused why changing my 2nd monitor from 60hz to 65hz stretched it to high hell and made it look like 240p

pc specs:

Spoiler

r5 3600
16gb ddr4 3200mhz

b450 tomahawk max
rx 6600xt

1tb ssd + 6tb hdd
meshify c

ok wtf it stretches again, i can make it 61hz but i go to 65hz and its zoomed and stretched

pc specs:

Spoiler

r5 3600
16gb ddr4 3200mhz

b450 tomahawk max
rx 6600xt

1tb ssd + 6tb hdd
meshify c

That may mean two things. 

#1 The "Create Custom Resolution" option defaults to the selected resolution on screen at the time of selecting it. Ensure you have your current resolution highlighted or change it to the correct one. 

#2 it may just be out of your monitors supported range and it is unable to encode the data you're sendng it. 

If the settings are correct then you're simply unable to overclock. Monitors on the cheap end are just that... cheap. The hardware will sometimes have a limiter or simply a difficulty detecting data beyond its supported range. 

Spoiler

can i get you on discord this is confusing

pc specs:

Spoiler

r5 3600
16gb ddr4 3200mhz

b450 tomahawk max
rx 6600xt

1tb ssd + 6tb hdd
meshify c