Help With Publisher - Alignment Issue

For some reason im having this issue where, you know how normally when you move stuff and it will give those red lines and 'stick' to the lines etc. - well thats not working. i dont know how to explain it but like 

image.png.d0b181079ede138c3b307567995c1b37.png

im moving that image but it aint sticking with the red lines to the side.

and a similar issue with text boxes but different

image.png.fe89d353533404b8e5fcd9488809e781.png

you see how the red line is there this time? but the line for the text box is actually below this. My mouse X was right at the red line here.

Due to this is misaligns.

Please help!

Red line is between two items. Blue line is for margins. Also with text box the line which snaps to other objects etc. is the actual text box, not the text itself. You can use filling to see it better. This would also mean that if you use thick border, it thickens to both sides of that line.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Red line is between two items. Blue line is for margins. Also with text box the line which snaps to other objects etc. is the actual text box, not the text itself. You can use filling to see it better. This would also mean that if you use thick border, it thickens to both sides of that line.

the red line normally appears tho for the margins when u move e.g a image on the line, but its not anymore.

i know the line with the text box but this is the thing. say i have 2 text boxes under one another. One i align perfectly with the margain. the other i move left, it 'attaches' to the margain, i let go, its not actually there at all. its offset from the one above.

its just all broke idk whats happened i might just reinstall it.