optical cable splitter

KraigHunter

Not sure if anyone out there has done this, but need help. I'm trying to run a optic cable from my PC and my Xbox to a splitter to my mix amp (Astro). So I can get audio from both at the same time. I use my PC for Xbox live chat cause it's cleaner audio when I stream with friends and as of right now, the only way I get Xbox audio to my headphones is to run a 3.5 from the controller to my mix amp and the audio is trash. Haven't been able to find a splitter that would seem to work most are 1 to 3 or 1 to 2, and don't work in reverse to my knowledge .

11 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You can't just mix 2 optical signals to one input, you need a audio mixer for this

Any Ideas on certain audio mixers that would work in this problem? I really don't want to get rid of the mix amp itself cause of 7.1 abilties.

1 minute ago, KraigHunter said:

Any Ideas on certain audio mixers that would work in this problem? I really don't want to get rid of the mix amp itself cause of 7.1 abilties.

There aren't many mixers with optical audio. Do you need to hear both at the same time?

Id try to use analogue, or use  a switch to pick what sytem you want to listen to.

Or do I go ghetto and just buy another astro mix amp and get a head phone 2 male 1 female splitter and call it good

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

There aren't many mixers with optical audio. Do you need to hear both at the same time?

Id try to use analogue, or use  a switch to pick what sytem you want to listen to.

I need both, i use the xbox live app on pc for xbox live partys cause of my blue mic when im also streaming. but need the audio from the xbox for games but using the 3.5 from the controller is bad and doesn't use 7.1

Just now, KraigHunter said:

I need both, i use the xbox live app on pc for xbox live partys cause of my blue mic when im also streaming. but need the audio from the xbox for games but using the 3.5 from the controller is bad and doesn't use 7.1

are these headphones? Then you don't have 7.1, no reason to have more than stero in headphones.

Id just use a analogue mixer.

No, so i have a40's that run from the mix amp. I run a 3.5 from the controller (cause it carries audio) to the mix amp in the audio in to get sound from the Xbox. very ghetto but only way i have gotten it to work. but the stereo sound is trash and like to have 7.1 from the xbox also at the same time as i use my pc.

the mp3/stream are stereo audio. that how i get audio from my Xbox with the controller

mix amp.jpg

17 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

are these headphones? Then you don't have 7.1, no reason to have more than stero in headphones.

Id just use a analogue mixer.

Sorry did tag you. but I explained it other reply's

@KraigHunter Please do something for me - With your mixamp connected to your xbox, go to System > Settings > General > Volume & audio output. Under Speaker audio, what is the optical audio set to?