Display ports not working (MSI RTX 2060)

HurricaneZook

Hey guys, so here's a gist of my situation. My display ports on my 2060 aren't working. The issue began when I had bought an AOC monitor yesterday and noticed some gray pinstriping for whites in the corner of the screen. Other than that though, no issues with the ports or any issues performance-wise, ran great....Then I return the old monitor today, I get the new replacement one, bring it home and it comes up with "Input Not Support" on a dark screen. It runs through to the point of the windows logo and the circle refresh, then goes black with that text. I can run BIOS with it (MSI z170 board), and safe mode. HDMI works, but DP isn't working beyond that. I also tested my old 960sc and that is working with Display port. Is there something wrong that I did or are the dp's on my card toast? It was working just fine as of this morning too... What can I do? 

if it stops working after the windows logo what you need to do is put in your old gpu the 960 and go and download dde and delete the drivers using dde nvidias kinda janky with that hope this helped

5 minutes ago, ihaveanissue22 said:

if it stops working after the windows logo what you need to do is put in your old gpu the 960 and go and download dde and delete the drivers using dde nvidias kinda janky with that hope this helped

So you don't think the ports are toast on it? Just nvidia's drivers? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling using my 2060, still works with the HDMI but it's still not working with the directport. I'll give it a try with the 960 though and see what happens. 

yah most likly the drivers because when it gets to the windows screen its loading drivers and hdmi still works but dp wont because its loading the 960 drivers not 2060 drivers so put in the 960 and   download https://www.guru3d.com/files-tags/download-ddu.html it can delete the old drivers so tell me if the 2060 still has an warrenty or you cant try reballing but its kinda risky

10 minutes ago, ihaveanissue22 said:

yah most likly the drivers because when it gets to the windows screen its loading drivers and hdmi still works but dp wont because its loading the 960 drivers not 2060 drivers so put in the 960 and   download https://www.guru3d.com/files-tags/download-ddu.html it can delete the old drivers so tell me if the 2060 still has an warrenty or you cant try reballing but its kinda risky

Have a look at the cable, they are very sensitive.

Does the cable you use is correct from the table above 

556609421_Annotation2020-01-26180806.thumb.png.dc5dfd9cf9c0d19005d394abff38c309.png

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

25 minutes ago, ihaveanissue22 said:

Do I remove the driver folder? It says it's not recommended, but I'm understanding that I'm supposed to do that? As for the warranty, I don't know. I bought it off of one of my friends who never sent it in. It's still in the warranty period and I have the receipt for it, but I don't think it was registered yet. I probably won't try to fix it myself since I'm not too skilled. 

12 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Have a look at the cable, they are very sensitive.

Does the cable you use is correct from the table above 

Yes it appears the cable I used is in that range. It came with the monitor and I also bought another one just to see if it was the monitor, cord, or card. 

There was a new Nvidia driver update today, 442.19 

Did you installed it?

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

6 minutes ago, Constantin said:

There was a new Nvidia driver update today, 442.19 

Did you installed it?

I did install that, as well as un-installed and reinstalled, as well uninstalled the Geforce experience...didn't do anything :/ haven't tried ddu yet.

4 minutes ago, HurricaneZook said:

I did install that, as well as un-installed and reinstalled...didn't do anything :/ 

otherwise if no one can help you in terms of reballing if you are up you can contact me it involves an oven but every time in terms of dp and hdmi problems works everytime and its easy

5 minutes ago, ihaveanissue22 said:

otherwise if no one can help you in terms of reballing if you are up you can contact me it involves an oven but every time in terms of dp and hdmi problems works everytime and its easy

Do I remove the C://NVIDIA driver folder?

18 minutes ago, HurricaneZook said:

Do I remove the C://NVIDIA driver folder?

file explorer right click then delete