Need some advice on my build cause I'm not satisfied

Luuk951

Hey guys,

I built a PC last month and I haven't been optimizing my parts very well, I would like some honest and good advice. If I messed it up please tell me and tell me how to improve!!

Sometimes I'm getting this error when I'm playing where my friends on discord can still hear me talk but my screen goes completely green.

Also I feel like it should run stuff way faster and better than it does, for instance I cant even play Ghost Recon Breakpoint on a decent quality.

Also I dont know if its normal for my CPU multiplier to do this the whole time; https://gyazo.com/09f8362b388329b5448bf79eff82ad2b

Hope you guys can help me out!

Here is a list of all the parts I'm using;

RAM:                 Ballistix DDR4 Sport LT 2x8GB 3200

Motherboard:      MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX

Processor:           AMD Ryzen 7 2700X processor (Stock Cooler)

Graphicscard:       Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT PULSE

Power Supply:       Coolermaster Masterwatt Lite 700WATTS

Sincerely,

Luuk951

Looks fine to me.

How many FPS are you getting in that game? ? 

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

21 hours ago, Danioki said:

did you activated the XMP profile in the bios?

I haven't, no. I wanna make sure everything works fine first. My main concern is the Green screen I keep getting.

21 hours ago, GamerBlake said:

Looks fine to me.

How many FPS are you getting in that game? ? 

The average I'm getting according to the Radeon Software is 72.5 but I feel like that isn't accurate at all, I get huge framedrops and loads of screen tearing.

32 minutes ago, Luuk951 said:

The average I'm getting according to the Radeon Software is 72.5 but I feel like that isn't accurate at all, I get huge framedrops and loads of screen tearing.

Hmm well if there is a problem it’s probably with one of your components not working correctly. The setup itself is fine unless something is broken/damaged/not working right.

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

the green screen can be driver issue (not uncommon with AMD), video cable Issue, or artifacts from a damaged GPU.

the first two are easily solved, so i'll advice you to start there

I've seen green screen issues with AMD graphics cards back when the fury series first came out, and was fixed with bios revisions. I'd say update to your cards latest bios.

Current System: R7 1700x 3.93Ghz, PowerColor R9 380x 1.14ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz, EVGA 650 GS

1 hour ago, Tobleh said:

I've seen green screen issues with AMD graphics cards back when the fury series first came out, and was fixed with bios revisions. I'd say update to your cards latest bios.

Where do I update my graphics card BIOS? I can't find it anywhere.

On 2/4/2020 at 11:50 PM, Danioki said:

the green screen can be driver issue (not uncommon with AMD), video cable Issue, or artifacts from a damaged GPU.

the first two are easily solved, so i'll advice you to start there

Just switching to a different HDMI cable for the video cable issue will be enough?

Also updated to the latest driver via the AMD tool. My dad said it might help to delete all my video drivers all together, do you guys think that'll help and if so, how do I safely and completely delete them?

9 hours ago, Luuk951 said:

Where do I update my graphics card BIOS? I can't find it anywhere.

There are many videos on the topic, especially with the 5000 series right now on youtube considering the 5600 xt snafu.

Current System: R7 1700x 3.93Ghz, PowerColor R9 380x 1.14ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz, EVGA 650 GS

Thanks for all the replies guys!

I've got a new issue tho.... My computer beeps 4 times when I start a game, what does this mean and how do I fix it?

EDIT: Added a video of my EZ Debug LEDs on startup