Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Beckyisponymad

2080 super Customisations?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I just bought this card (https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Graphics-Card/GV-N208STURBO-8GC#kf) I got it on an insanly good deal (£200) so i snapped one up as soon as i saw the price drop. Its not what I would usually gor for being a blower style and no RGB, I was wondering if it would be possible to transplant a differnent cooler onto card from say an aorus windforce card but im having trouble finding board maps of both the cards. First considered a custom loop but nowhere seems to do a block for the card either. Just fielding answers , my first idea is to flip the card for retail price xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Beckyisponymad said:

So I just bought this card (https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Graphics-Card/GV-N208STURBO-8GC#kf) I got it on an insanly good deal (£200) so i snapped one up as soon as i saw the price drop. Its not what I would usually gor for being a blower style and no RGB, I was wondering if it would be possible to transplant a differnent cooler onto card from say an aorus windforce card but im having trouble finding board maps of both the cards. First considered a custom loop but nowhere seems to do a block for the card either. Just fielding answers , my first idea is to flip the card for retail price xD

If you want to invest into better cooling solution consider getting kraken g12 bracket and aio.

Btw 2080 super for that price?? Damn that’s really good deal. Is it brand new or second hand?


   @Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz  |  CM Hyper 212 Black  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4) 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD

 

                                          WHIRO

         THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

 

        He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Whiro said:

If you want to invest into better cooling solution consider getting kraken g12 bracket and aio.

Btw 2080 super for that price?? Damn that’s really good deal. Is it brand new or second hand?

That was my first idea but i already have a x62 for my cpu and there isnt space for another radiator in my case h400i without doing a single small 120 rad at the back, im no expert when it comes to watercooling a gpu but i dont reckon thats enough xD and brand new I saw the email alert fly in and nabbed 2 immediatly 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Beckyisponymad said:

im no expert when it comes to watercooling a gpu but i dont reckon thats enough xD a

120mm is actually enough, most cards that come with AIO strapped onto them are 120mm rad only.


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

120mm is actually enough, most cards that come with AIO strapped onto them are 120mm rad only.

That’s exactly what I was going to say, just was looking for that 👇

 

2D536FF7-AF4F-44FE-9C53-BA15C1CFF209.png


   @Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz  |  CM Hyper 212 Black  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4) 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD

 

                                          WHIRO

         THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

 

        He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

200 pounds for a 2080 super ? insane deal. id buy 10 more and sell em lol

They out of stock now (not surprised at all), if they come back for same price I’ll definitely get one.


   @Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz  |  CM Hyper 212 Black  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4) 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD

 

                                          WHIRO

         THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

 

        He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Link to post
Share on other sites

Put a 120 on it. If it doesn’t share a board with another card it won’t be worth the effort. Normally checking water block compatibility shows you that. 


Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 8700k, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-H, G.Skill TridentZ 16GB, EVGA 1080 SC, EVGA 850 GQ, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz 

 

Spare RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 4770K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 32Gb, EVGA 1060 SSC, Corsair CX850M, Acer xG270HU 2560x1440@144hz

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×