Computer Booting Issue

DB1997

Hello, I am having trouble with my desktop not booting reliably. I built it about three months ago and it has never been quite right. My motherboard, the X570 TUF Gaming WiFi, has boot lights that cycle as the computer starts up and if one stays lit then there is supposedly an error linked to whatever color it may be. Now the issue that I am having is that sometimes, not always, when I boot my PC it gets hung up during the boot sequence and the motherboard shows a yellow light which means there is a problem with the ram. So I replaced the ram with brand new ram from the factory and put it in there after about a month away from the computer due to travels. When I put the new ram in there it did the same thing but now if it got past the ram it would show a CPU error, and if it got past that it would show a VGA error. So I hopped on the ASUS website and talked to the support and they agreed to have me RMA it. I sent it in and just got it back yesterday and they said the issue was a BIOS/FW update. Cool. After reassembling the computer, it now does actually boot sometimes but it still gets hung up on the ram portion of the boot. ASUS said all my components work together so I am thinking that it is still the motherboard. I have my doubts that ASUS actually "tested" the board to see if it worked and just slapped the latest BIOS on there and sent it my way. Also it doesn't like two sticks of ram, only one, and in the third DIMM slot. Once yesterday when I was in the middle of using the computer it randomly decided it had a RAM error and booted again from the RAM portion of the boot process. I am kind of lost on what to do.

Could it be something else besides the motherboard? Or should I contact ASUS again and have them send me an entire new one?

Thanks!

Below are the specs to my PC:

Ryzen 3900X

RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio

TridentZ Neo 2x16GB 3600 speed

Corsair 750 RMX power supply

3TB Seagate HDD

512GB Sabrent NVME SSD

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Update: It boots reliably with only one stick of ram in it, doesn't matter which one. However when I try two it gets stuck on the red light meaning CPU error which can't be because it runs fine with only one stick of ram correct?

Did you try each stick of ram individually and also did you try each slot individually with each stick of ram? Try to figure out if it is one individual ram stick or a individual slot. The next step would be to go into you bios and look at your ram settings, if they are overclocked or have a high performance profile setup try going to default or vice versa ; This is simply trying to isolate the issue. Other software might create issues/instability if you are over-clocking or under-clocking.

I found this in relation to your error code 

"This BSOD error is also called “BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER” and “STOP 0x0000007C”. This is usually caused by faulty network drivers. The device driver may be obsolete or damaged. Sometimes installing new network hardware that is not compatible with your computer can cause this problem." ram, other drivers  and hardware compatibility issues can causes this or viruses. 

3 hours ago, jjbeebe said:

Did you try each stick of ram individually and also did you try each slot individually with each stick of ram? Try to figure out if it is one individual ram stick or a individual slot. The next step would be to go into you bios and look at your ram settings, if they are overclocked or have a high performance profile setup try going to default or vice versa ; This is simply trying to isolate the issue. Other software might create issues/instability if you are over-clocking or under-clocking.

Yes I have tried each stick of ram independently and together. Both sticks run fine in the (if you're looking at the ram straight on) second slot from the left. However when you put another stick in the matching fourth slot it locks up on the CPU boot portion.

Here are my current BIOS settings for ram. frequencies, voltages, etc.

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

thumbnail (4).jpg

thumbnail (5).jpg

You have everything set to auto, I would tweak these setting and see what happens. Do not overclock to high, this could cause hardware to become a paperweight. you can always go lower on the other hand with no harm done (other than maybe boot failure etc.. that can be easy fixed) and do not toy with voltage , unless you want to take a risk, leave it set to auto. 

what i would do:

I would never use auto anything  that has to do with overclocking on my computer, except for voltage. lower the frequency of your ram, i think the smart motherboard overclocked your ram to high or something and its causing the issue . I see a yellow indicator on your voltage for DRAM, might be something linked to the Auto settings or might be nothing. I would look at your user manual to see what this means. Hope this helps