Help

Prariedog13

Does anybody know anything about a netgear gs105e? I have my modem going into it, and I get an internet connection on my PC when it's plugged into it just fine, but it doesn't work when I plug it into either of my netgear wifi routers. Is there something I'm missing here?

Try using one of the LAN ports (and not the WAN port) when connecting from your wifi routers to the switch. Also, ensure DHCP is disabled on the wifi routers if it's already enabled on your modem.

Just now, Windows7ge said:

Modem -> Router -> Netgear switch. Not working?

Modem --> Netgear switch --> PC & netgear wifi routers, pc works fine on internet but routers don't.

1 minute ago, Prariedog13 said:

Modem --> Netgear switch --> PC & netgear wifi routers, pc works fine on internet but routers don't.

Is the modem also a router or is it only a modem?

Just now, Windows7ge said:

Is the modem also a router or is it only a modem?

Not quite sure what you mean by just a modem, it doesn't have wifi if that is what you're asking.

The modem is an arris tm1602, provided by ISP if that helps

Ah. In that case: Modem -> Wi-fi Router (WAN port) -> PC (or Modem -> Wi-fi Router -> Switch -> PC, if you need the extra ports)

2 minutes ago, Prariedog13 said:

Not quite sure what you mean by just a modem, it doesn't have wifi if that is what you're asking.

The modem is an arris tm1602, provided by ISP if that helps

According to Google the ARRIS TM1602 is only a Modem. You need to connect a Router to it before your other devices.

Modem -> Router (if LAN ports are available these can be used) -> Netgear Switch (more end devices) -> Your Netgear AP.

Little bit of background too if that helps: had a model DWG875-X (mfg unknown) with 4 ethernet ports that worked just fine run directly to wifi routers and switch, basically our ISP forced us to get new modem and nothing works after we get it. We tried running from modem to both wifi routers and it works, but stops working every couple days, so we tried the setup with modem --> netgear switch and it worked on PC but not on wifi routers.

Thanks, googled it and found probably need wired router to go from modem --> wired router --> wireless/PC/switch

Sorry my replies are delayed trying to do this on mobile as my pc isn't working lol