Help with assembly of my chair, 1 problem

Dylan lol

Just got akracing max chair and having this issue putting the back onto the seat. On the right side of the seat there is this lever which you see in the pic, I accidently pressed it, and that metal bar in the pic will not stand up, so I can't place the back onto the seat to screw in. Any ideas of how to make the metal bar stand straight up again?

IMG_20200120_202409388.jpg

IMG_20200120_202417015.jpg

IMG_20200120_202427100.jpg

Should be able to just pull the lever up and move the thing back

Main stuff idk

Laptop: Macbook Air M1 2020

Desktop/Gaming PC

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x

MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F

RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB DDR4 3200

STORAGE: WD BLACK SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD - WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM

GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC

PSU: Corsair TXM Gold 550W 80+

Other Stuff

VR Headset: Valve Index

Consoles: Nintendo Switch - Xbox Series X

2 minutes ago, wookzi said:

Should be able to just pull the lever up and move the thing back

when i pull the lever i can move the metal bar but it goes right back down to that position, i need it to stand straight so i can screw the back in

35 minutes ago, Dylan lol said:

when i pull the lever i can move the metal bar but it goes right back down to that position, i need it to stand straight so i can screw the back in

Ther should in theory be a point where it locks. Be kinda weird if the chair folded in half every time you got out of it.

Are you perhaps holding the lever open the entire time you are adjusting it?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

42 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Ther should in theory be a point where it locks. Be kinda weird if the chair folded in half every time you got out of it.

Are you perhaps holding the lever open the entire time you are adjusting it?

yes im pulling the lever and moving the metal bar, and the metal bar goes back to the position in the pics

Pull the lever enough to get the thing to move then let go of it and slide it around till it clicks.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

^^Think of this like your car chair (if you have a car) you pull the backrest lever and the thing will go forward and while holding it you have to put weight on it to move it back, then release the lever and your seat will stay and lock into place.

Father of a 2 year old girl. ❤️

#AutismAwareness

From Halifax, NS, Canada