I'm building a PC in the summer. What will be out by then?

Just now, Donut417 said:

Like I said above. Your better off buying your own. Not many companies are like charter and provide equipment for free. Comcast for instace charges $14 a month. AT&T also charges, Century Link, Verizon, etc. So your in many ways better off paying a one time fee and purchasing your own to use for years. 

I wholly agree, charter actually charges $5 a month per router that can barely keep 4 devices up and has a max speed of 50mbps, which is half of the rated speed you're paying for. And if you upgrade to the 400mbps tier doesn't even net you a better router, you're still stuck on the slowest router you can get.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

16 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

I wholly agree, charter actually charges $5 a month per router that can barely keep 4 devices up and has a max speed of 50mbps, which is half of the rated speed you're paying for. And if you upgrade to the 400mbps tier doesn't even net you a better router, you're still stuck on the slowest router you can get.

Hmm they mustve changed it up to where they are charging now. That sucks.

But idk what you mean by the routers only being able to handle 50mbps.

Im using charters router right now at work. Theres 2 tvs streaming hulu, 3 tablets running the pos system, god knows how many phones, and 3 laptops that i can see. 

Speed test from my phone just said 179 down and 12 up. We pay for 200 so thats not far off. And its just a standard Arris modem/router. Might be an updated model but looks just like the one they gave me years ago.