RM, RMX, TXM

Vejnemojnen
Go to solution Solved by Guest,
42 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Thanks, found those. But my main question should have been: in what terms are TXM units better? There was better componentry mentioned, but not specifically. 

I tend to google for reviews in more languages before I post anything : ) But this question about TXM vs. RM is not yet solved :( 

TX750M review:  https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-tx750m-psu,5062.html

It's mostly about the capacitors and the fan.  That's all.

RM is the same platform as RMx, but does not have the Japanese capacitors and the Corsair fan.

TX-M has all Japanese capacitors, like the RMx.

RMx has capacitors in the cables which improve ripple, but makes the cables more difficult to manage.

The TX-M, unfortunately, is louder than the RM or RMx due to the PSU housing design (air gaps in the corners) and lack of Zero RPM mode.

I know it was covered before, but I'm posting this nonetheless.

According to @jonnyGURU the RM is somewhat lesser in build-quality than TXM. Anyone would elaborate, what shall I mean by this? Used components, regulation, ripple, fan quality?

http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?16713-Corsair-quot-hierarchy-quot

image.png

Any input would be kindly appreciated. I'm just curious. : )

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

6 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Used components, regulation, ripple, fan quality?

Probably all of the above, but not to any degree that would cause any problems for users who use either PSU.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

13 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Probably all of the above, but not to any degree that would cause any problems for users who use either PSU.

Thanks. I'll try to look into the matter later.

6 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

That's what reviews are for:

Thanks, found those. But my main question should have been: in what terms are TXM units better? There was better componentry mentioned, but not specifically. 

I tend to google for reviews in more languages before I post anything : ) But this question about TXM vs. RM is not yet solved :( 

42 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

TX750M review:  https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-tx750m-psu,5062.html

It's mostly about the capacitors and the fan.  That's all.

RM is the same platform as RMx, but does not have the Japanese capacitors and the Corsair fan.

TX-M has all Japanese capacitors, like the RMx.

RMx has capacitors in the cables which improve ripple, but makes the cables more difficult to manage.

The TX-M, unfortunately, is louder than the RM or RMx due to the PSU housing design (air gaps in the corners) and lack of Zero RPM mode.