Raijintek Morpheus Passive Cooling?

VoRMkI

Has anyone ever used this cooler passively if so was it any good? Better than the Artic Accelaro S3?

32 minutes ago, VoRMkI said:

Has anyone ever used this cooler passively if so was it any good? Better than the Artic Accelaro S3?

What are you trying to cool passively?

25 minutes ago, jaslion said:

What are you trying to cool passively?

Because it's *silent* like actually, unlike every other method regardless of what people say, I've had fans I've had water, I wanna give it a shot, also if I kinda wanna see if I can just keep 1 cooler indefinitely.

3 hours ago, VoRMkI said:

Because it's *silent* like actually, unlike every other method regardless of what people say, I've had fans I've had water, I wanna give it a shot, also if I kinda wanna see if I can just keep 1 cooler indefinitely.

I meant what card are you trying to cool. Really depends on the model of card you are trying to cool.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 5:21 PM, jaslion said:

I meant what card are you trying to cool. Really depends on the model of card you are trying to cool.

Oh xD Sorry, an rx 470 I think I'll be sticking with that TDP or under in future aswell and I'm pretty sure the morpheous would cool it and better than an accelero s3 but the question is will I get 10-20 40? Degrees under thermal throttling or will i be riding the red line all the time

On 1/25/2020 at 9:58 PM, VoRMkI said:

Oh xD Sorry, an rx 470 I think I'll be sticking with that TDP or under in future aswell and I'm pretty sure the morpheous would cool it and better than an accelero s3 but the question is will I get 10-20 40? Degrees under thermal throttling or will i be riding the red line all the time

Sorry for the late response I was quite busy. Both coolers may be able to passively cool that gpu but you may want to just have a fan on it running super slowly mainly because well the vrms need cooling. And unlike the coolers you get on your gpu both of them do not make direct contact with the vrms and rely on other less effective methods or tiny heat sinks which simply do not dissipate enough heat passively. If you manage to attach the vrms to a heatpipe somehow with maybe a block of copper on them and some thermal cement or silicone then it might be possible.

I just recently watched a video where a YouTuber tried benching the Morpheus II passively on a 1060. It worked but temperatures reached 90°C. After adding two fans temps dropped to 60's.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz