Which DAC should I use?

Scottland567

I’m looking into buying a magni 3+, I’m wondering whether to pair it with just the dac output of my schitt Fulla 2 or wait 3 weeks to get the meizu usb c Hi-Fi dac from Ali express.  Which would be better quality as I know the Fulla 2 isn’t generally praised.

The Meizu is a mobile phone DAC. And, why not use what you have? If it sucks, look for alternatives.

33 minutes ago, mohragk said:

The Meizu is a mobile phone DAC. And, why not use what you have? If it sucks, look for alternatives.

The meizu can be used in line still, had a lot of recommendations for it.  My Fulla 2 struggles to drive my AKG K7XX’s without distortion.  So the magni 3+ would solve this.

1 hour ago, Scottland567 said:

I’m looking into buying a magni 3+, I’m wondering whether to pair it with just the dac output of my schitt Fulla 2 or wait 3 weeks to get the meizu usb c Hi-Fi dac from Ali express.  Which would be better quality as I know the Fulla 2 isn’t generally praised.

A topping d10 and smsl m100 are fairly easy to attain and imo sound better than a modi 3. That needs a refresh.

31 minutes ago, rice guru said:

A topping d10 and smsl m100 are fairly easy to attain and imo sound better than a modi 3. That needs a refresh.

Smsl m100 is quite difficult to get in the uk, also would a topping d10 drive AKG K7XX’s fine?

1 hour ago, Scottland567 said:

Smsl m100 is quite difficult to get in the uk, also would a topping d10 drive AKG K7XX’s fine?

It's only a DAC you would need an amp to pair with it if you want something cheaper and an all in one the fiio k5 pro is a great little unit