Refurbished Beats Studio 3's on Wish

HealthyMindFrsh
4 minutes ago, HealthyMindFrsh said:

So I went on my VPN and set it to America to check out refurbished products on Wish as the british version did not feature refurbished products. I found a pair of beats studio 3's for $14! (refurbished) I was wondering if this was actualy legit or fake.

Link: https://www.wish.com/product/5e031159f39b3f03982c0e6e?source=cart

There's not really any way for us to tell if it's legit or fake.

BUT considering a new pair costs $200 (Regular price actually $350), I would assume that for $14, they're either broken, or knockoffs, if it's not simply an outright scam.

Common sense tells me that $200 headphones don't get sold as refurbished for $14.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

8 minutes ago, GodSeph said:

Wish is known for knockoffs. Advise for life is if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. 

But then again Austin Evans got real Sennheiser ie800's for $40 on Wish

Just now, HealthyMindFrsh said:

there is a chance yes. But there is also a change to win the powerball.

13 minutes ago, HealthyMindFrsh said:

there was no way for him to verify if they were real or not unless he opened them up. and that deal seemed sketchy. there are ways for wish o see if he is an influencer or not and because of that they could have sent him a real pair. 

some other's on reddit and headfi have tried to see if what happened is legit all have confirmed fakes. 

so you are most likely gettinga fake and the refurbished tag is just there to give it a reason for being dirt cheap. 

3 minutes ago, rice guru said:

there was no way for him to verify if they were real or not unless he opened them up. and that deal seemed sketchy. there are ways for wish o see if he is an influencer or not and because of that they could have sent him a real pair. 

some other's on reddit and headfi have tried to see if what happened is legit all have confirmed fakes. 

so you are most likely gettinga fake and the refurbished tag is just there to give it a reason for being dirt cheap. 

Refurb products scares me.  Either it's completely scratch up and barely works or it's returned and well not cleaned properly.

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

2 minutes ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

Refurb products scares me.  Either it's completely scratch up and barely works or it's returned and well not cleaned properly.

refurb can be great you just need to know your seller and be physically there to buy it or you need to buy form a store with a good return policy and good reputation regarding refurbs

• 1 month later...

I cannot speak to the Studio 3s, but I ordered a pair of the refurbished Solo 3s for about $20. The audio quality is good, they show up in my bluetooth as Beats Solo3. They are also compatible with the Beats app. I am thoroughly pleased and I now have a pair of the Studio 3s on order.

1 hour ago, Tommy B said:

I cannot speak to the Studio 3s, but I ordered a pair of the refurbished Solo 3s for about $20. The audio quality is good, they show up in my bluetooth as Beats Solo3. They are also compatible with the Beats app. I am thoroughly pleased and I now have a pair of the Studio 3s on order.

If they work with the app they're likely real. They're probably units that got rejected on the assembly line that someone got ahold of.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

10 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

If they work with the app they're likely real. They're probably units that got rejected on the assembly line that someone got ahold of.

According to a good friend of mine they are lighter than beats typically are but I cannot attest myself as to the weight. Everything else does seem as if they are legitimate. (At least to someone who has never owned 100% legitimate beats before). He also believes the look is a bit different. Attached are some pictures.

20200228_235740.jpg

20200228_235657.jpg

20200228_235652.jpg

Edited by Tommy B

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry abit necro they are fake don't have ANC don't link correctly to app earpads very basic and not the nice beats ones button placement off and no controls on wire for use as wired headphones. 

But saying that for 10 bucks they arnt bad Bluetooth headphones not great but worth the price and rember as they are miss sold and fake once you get them you could get a refund and they will usually let you keep them so free headphones