Need Help with SSD Installation

Timbs

I finally decided to pull the trigger on an SSD for my old rig, as my 2 1TB drives were getting very slow. I installed Windows to it using a thumb drive, and it had me create a new account. Getting into the desktop, I realize I can no longer access the account thats on my old drive. Is there a way to fix this? That account has over 4 years of files that are needed to be kept, and losing them would be very tragic. It also includes all my passwords, and the such. 

Another point, I cannot access my BIOS/UEFI, as when I boot up my machine, I mash both the F12 key, and the Del key which are both the boot manager and BIOS respectively, but nothing happens. I've even turned off fast boot, and tried to do the recovery thing, but it does not show. If there is any way I can enter my BIOS, that would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you for your time, and happy holidays

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 GPU: MSi GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC RAM: 14GB DDR3 (3x2GB, 1x8GB) Mobo: Acer MB.GAU07.001 Case: Gateway DX4860 PSU: EVGA 600W Bronze Plus

F11 is typically the boot menu, but your mileage may vary.

But Windows 10 has a built-in way to get into the UEFI.

3 way to do this:

1. Go to Settings > update and security > Recovery > and under Advanced startup you press restart now.

or

2. In CMD do this command: shutdown /r /o

or

3. Windows menu > hold Shift > restart > still hold shift!!

These will all bring you to the same menu where you can do Advanced, UEFI.

You could also just unplug the new drive and run on your old drive, backup all the stuff and then go plug in the new drive again

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

6 minutes ago, minibois said:

F11 is typically the boot menu, but your mileage may vary.

But Windows 10 has a built-in way to get into the UEFI.

3 way to do this:

1. Go to Settings > update and security > Recovery > and under Advanced startup you press restart now.

or

2. In CMD do this command: shutdown /r /o

or

3. Windows menu > hold Shift > restart > still hold shift!!

These will all bring you to the same menu where you can do Advanced, UEFI.

You could also just unplug the new drive and run on your old drive, backup all the stuff and then go plug in the new drive again

I will try those last 2, as the first one disabled my keyboard from working when I tried it this morning.

The problem I have is that I have over 1.5TB worth of stuff, and I only need to use the SSD as a boot drive, maybe thats my problem? Finding any information to set this up the right way has been impossible

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 GPU: MSi GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC RAM: 14GB DDR3 (3x2GB, 1x8GB) Mobo: Acer MB.GAU07.001 Case: Gateway DX4860 PSU: EVGA 600W Bronze Plus