Noise vs Airflow vs VR and a mic

Daeyve

Hi,

I'm working on a build, but I'm having second thoughts about the case I'm gonna end up using. I'll be doing VR gaming, capturing/streaming it. Since I'm using a Ryzen 3900x and 2080 Super setup, I figured I'd need to focus on having an airflow case, seeing as 3900 runs hot. I'd imagine running a VR game on full with OBS and such running would add onto that.

I considered the Silverstone Redline RL06 pretty much because of thermal perfomance (Gamer's Nexus). Then I started thinking the higher noise levels, which may get picked up by the mic, reducing my audio quality, might warrant getting a silent case, something like the Corsair 270R, or a Be Quiet! or a Define series.I'm new when it comes to making video content, so I have no idea if I can mitigate fan/general pc noises with mic software. Can anyone shed some light? 

Edit: Just to add onto this for context, I'd like to stay with Aircooling on this one. A silent case with water cooling might seem like an easy solution, but I'm not a fan of water, and I'm definitely not custom looping. The redline only fits a Noctua NH-U12S, because of a rather strange 158mm limit. 

Put the computer in another room.  Failing that behind a sound deadening  partition.  Blue fill works good.  It’s this “eco” insulation made out of recycled blue jeans.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Can't put my pc in another room, being tethered to the damn thing and all. Vr basically requires me to have the case in the same room, otherwise it indeed would have been solved by an extra couple of feet of hdmi hahaha.

Sadly It has to be in the room, it has to be quiet enough not to be picked up by a mic, and good enough thermals to push a 3900x with a 2080 super.

It's a tricky one, for me anyway, I've sunk countless hours into looking at hardware configurations, but haven't actually built a system yet. No confidence in experience here.