R7 3700X overclocking on Low voltages?

Hey all, 

So the last week I have been testing out ryzen 7 3700x overclocking abilities like with my x99 post

So far I have managed to get a very good overclock with quite low voltages as reading upon alot of people struggling past 4.2ghz at very high voltages so I must just have a very lucky chip 

So far if you see the picture managed to get a stable 4501 Mhz @1.300 for 4 hours stress 

At the moment I am using 2400 OC to 3000 memory speeds hence the high dram voltage but so far I have not come across anyone else with such low voltages at that speed for a 3700x 

Everything is set to disabled so the voltage does not ramp up and boost is switched off temps are all fine. 

I'm guessing AMD really do have such a big difference in there chips ?‍♂️ 

Any else with water cooling want to post low voltages would be nice to know 

20191214_091952.jpg

And the cinebench score aswell 

I can see some good things to come with ryzen 

Can't wait for zen 3 

20191214_092934.jpg

It's 1.38V vCore tho. Still a very good clocks for this voltage, my R7 3700X didn't even post at 4.5 GHz all-core with anything sub 1.45. But it's probably not a good idea to run it 1.38V all-core, IIRC 1.32V are recommended safe MT voltage.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

3 hours ago, Juular said:

It's 1.38V vCore tho. Still a very good clocks for this voltage, my R7 3700X didn't even post at 4.5 GHz all-core with anything sub 1.45. But it's probably not a good idea to run it 1.38V all-core, IIRC 1.32V are recommended safe MT voltage.

Yeah still doing some testing and I think the sweet spot for cores is 1.36 at 4.5Ghz and just to see the highest I could get without going into it much was 4.8 half stable and 4.7 Ghz stable so happy with 4.5 Ghz and 60*c under load, what you running ? 

10 minutes ago, G H O S T said:

Yeah still doing some testing and I think the sweet spot for cores is 1.36 at 4.5Ghz and just to see the highest I could get without going into it much was 4.8 half stable and 4.7 Ghz stable so happy with 4.5 Ghz and 60*c under load, what you running ? 

R7 3700X, MSI B450 GP, Corsair H115i PRO push-pull with Noiseblocker eLoop fans and G.Skill 3600MHz 16CL RAM. It's stable at 4.3GHz & 1.4V but that's a bit high voltage for every-day usage and it's way cooler on PBO with -0.05 vCore offset, boost clocks somewhat degraded with AGESA 1.0.0.4 update tho.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

5 hours ago, Juular said:

R7 3700X, MSI B450 GP, Corsair H115i PRO push-pull with Noiseblocker eLoop fans and G.Skill 3600MHz 16CL RAM. It's stable at 4.3GHz & 1.4V but that's a bit high voltage for every-day usage and it's way cooler on PBO with -0.05 vCore offset, boost clocks somewhat degraded with AGESA 1.0.0.4 update tho.

Nice, so you got more out then most people have as some struggling to stay at 4GHZ  it's so much fine tuning on so many settings