Help me decide which laptop I should buy.

As the title may suggest I'm looking to buy a gaming laptop with a €1000 - €1400 price range. I've been doing a bit of searching on various sites and other places and I found that Amazon was the best place for me to find laptops. I wouldn't consider myself the best at computer tech. I know my basic stuff but I'd best leave it to you guys because you may know better than I do.

I'm stuck between 2 laptops atm.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RTCXH8G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ZQt8DbFV8Y5M8 (Asus ROG)

And

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TS97JKR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_o8t8Db62KFWNS (Dell G3)

The specs are very similar but I don't know what's best for me. I leaned towards the Dell because I could just upgrade the RAM to 16gb myself and have a similar laptop to the Asus.

I've talked to some other people about this and some are leaning to the Asus side.

I hope you guys can help me make a final decision or assist me getting a better rig for my price range.

Thank you very much for you're assistance.

I have touched both - owned neither. I can say the Asus has a much more premium feel. Not to say it is Razer Blade level but it feels less flimsy than the Dell. That alone would have me leaning towards the Asus. Is it possible to stop by a retail location and touch/type on them? I think that'd be best as you're spending a decent amount of money on a laptop.

1 hour ago, para9bellum said:

I have touched both - owned neither. I can say the Asus has a much more premium feel. Not to say it is Razer Blade level but it feels less flimsy than the Dell. That alone would have me leaning towards the Asus. Is it possible to stop by a retail location and touch/type on them? I think that'd be best as you're spending a decent amount of money on a laptop.

I can try to go to a store to check them out but a lot of gaming desktop and laptops are not so readily available in my area or Ireland for that matter. My brother owns an ASUS Rog Scar and I have used that a couple times. I think it's alright but since I haven't tried anything else I wouldn't really know.

That is a bit of a tough position. I will way the Asus has a better build quality in my opinion. If you are worried about performance and performance only - I'd just look at benchmarks and pick based off that. 

Also - check battery capacity of each. I believe the Asus has a larger battery but unsure as I didn't dig too much.

Even if you're going to be plugged in a ton, having a poor battery would be annoying - for some. 

21 minutes ago, para9bellum said:

That is a bit of a tough position. I will way the Asus has a better build quality in my opinion. If you are worried about performance and performance only - I'd just look at benchmarks and pick based off that. 

Also - check battery capacity of each. I believe the Asus has a larger battery but unsure as I didn't dig too much.

Even if you're going to be plugged in a ton, having a poor battery would be annoying - for some. 

I'm not too worried about capacity. I might end up just taking out the battery when I dont need it. I do think that the Asus would be of better quality since it's now more widespread. The only thing that has me stuck atm is the CPU. 

52 minutes ago, para9bellum said:

I'm not too worried about capacity. I might end up just taking out the battery when I dont need it. I do think that the Asus would be of better quality since it's now more widespread. The only thing that has me stuck atm is the CPU. 

EDIT:

I looked at the benchmark and they're very similar, almost indistinguishable in specs. I'm not to concerned about storage space so I might end up buying the Asus.

If you have any other suggestions, let me know