Triple Monitor mishap - Cont

sShingo

Hello all,  

After a few months of waiting I have a solution to my problem, but now a follow up. (Old thread - 

So my work sold me a cheap RTX 2080 (MSI Strix Gaming X).

Apparently it doesn't operate as well compared to my previous card. Asus Strix RTX 2080. I want to say night and day difference in terms of performance. 

The Problem: Its probably too much of a load for the one RTX 2080 at 1440p. When i play for example Destiny 2/PUBG on my middle screen. I crash between loading screens. (No Changes to the CPU and a light overclock.) At this point, ive turned off the overclock on the MSI.
On PUBG i can see my frames drop suddenly now to 70~110 since i turned off the OC. 

Edit: Adding more information, I started off with an extremely light Overclock. After a few crashes i backed off the OC completely. Its running stock right now and im not getting the performance im used to. Im just trying to get more FPS. 

The Question: Motherboard: x470 MSI Gaming Plus

It does not support NVLINK. Can i use my 1st GPU (Asus) to use for my gaming only and just plug my side monitors for discord/fb/youtube/etc to the 2nd card? Or whatever order. Would this still function? 

At this point, the RTX 2080 is just sitting on the side and I dont have a use for it at the moment. 

2 hours ago, sShingo said:

Hello all,  

After a few months of waiting I have a solution to my problem, but now a follow up. (Old thread - 

So my work sold me a cheap RTX 2080 (MSI Strix Gaming X).

Apparently it doesn't operate as well compared to my previous card. Asus Strix RTX 2080. I want to say night and day difference in terms of performance. 

The Problem: Its probably too much of a load for the one RTX 2080 at 1440p. When i play for example Destiny 2/PUBG on my middle screen. I crash between loading screens. (No Changes to the CPU and a light overclock.) At this point, ive turned off the overclock on the MSI.
On PUBG i can see my frames drop suddenly now to 70~110 since i turned off the OC. 

The Question: Motherboard: x470 MSI Gaming Plus

It does not support NVLINK. Can i use my 1st GPU (Asus) to use for my gaming only and just plug my side monitors for discord/fb/youtube/etc to the 2nd card? Or whatever order. Would this still function? 

At this point, the RTX 2080 is just sitting on the side and I dont have a use for it at the moment. 

This one is odd, as I'm driving triple 1440p monitors right now, and I too run at 1440p, usually maxed out on the middle monitor. I don't have the issue you're having with anything, though I'm on an Asus Dual 2070, and I don't play either of those games. However, League, Far Cry 5, Minecraft, Devil May Cry 5, and the rest of what I play also don't have this issue. You should definitely be able to run everything off the one card without issue.

Sorry I don't have any troubleshooting to offer here :/ 

Ooc, does it only happen with those two games?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

Ive only played those 2 games. I dont really play other games much. 

As of right now the games seem to run "fine" but they could be better imo. 

Id like to seperate the load if thats a thing i could do.

Just now, sShingo said:

Ive only played those 2 games. I dont really play other games much. 

As of right now the games seem to run "fine" but they could be better imo. 

Id like to seperate the load if thats a thing i could do.

I mean, yes, but, I don't think that's related to the crashing issue at all. Again, I'm running triple 1440p (I should update my signature) with a 2070, and none of the issues you're seeing.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

Apologies, I think i wasnt clear enough. 

Added to my original post
Edit: Adding more information, I started off with an extremely light Overclock. After a few crashes i backed off the OC completely. Its running stock right now and im not getting the performance im used to. Im just trying to get more FPS.