New SSD running at 59°C

StansAvenger

I have a new build with :
Ryzen 5 1600
Radeon RX570
16gb corsair vengeance
asus prime b450m-k
thermaltake tr2 500w inside a thermal take h18 with 4 cooler master 120mm fans with ADATA SU750 512gb ssd and 1tb segate barracuda hdd
and for some reason my sdd ,which placed right next to my two intake fans and the airflow goes directly on it, is not goind lower that 40°C and reaches 59°C however my hdd remains below 40°C.

I should mention that the SSd is used to run my O.S windows 10

That's rather warm. Still within safe operation temps, but 50c max should be about where it sits, at least if you want the drive to last longer. That said, most SSD's are good up until 70c. As long as you don't experience any issues when it's running at those temps, you're likely fine. Here's a good write up on the matter: https://harddrivegeek.com/ssd-temperature/

5 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

That's rather warm. Still within safe operation temps, but 50c max should be about where it sits, at least if you want the drive to last longer. That said, most SSD's are good up until 70c. As long as you don't experience any issues when it's running at those temps, you're likely fine. Here's a good write up on the matter: https://harddrivegeek.com/ssd-temperature/

it runs my o.s (windows 10), so i would like to keep it at 45°C  for the most, and hard disk sentinel says its health is at 89% even though i've only used it for 4 days now

14 minutes ago, StansAvenger said:

it runs my o.s (windows 10), so i would like to keep it at 45°C  for the most, and hard disk sentinel says its health is at 89% even though i've only used it for 4 days now

If that's the case, there may be something else going on. I would RMA the drive. 

6 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

If that's the case, there may be something else going on. I would RMA the drive. 

ok,  thank you, before i go to that measure do you suggest any other methods?

1 hour ago, TempestCatto said:

reading through that article ,wouldn't it make sense for it to be at that temp since a o.s is constantly reading and writing, though the 89% of health is still concerning and i will look into that

1 hour ago, StansAvenger said:

ok,  thank you, before i go to that measure do you suggest any other methods?

Only other thing I'd suggest is to use at least three different drive health programs and compare the results.

4 minutes ago, StansAvenger said:

reading through that article ,wouldn't it make sense for it to be at that temp since a o.s is constantly reading and writing, though the 89% of health is still concerning and i will look into that

Your OS isn't constantly reading/writing data. At least not to the level of making your SSD run at those higher temps.

50 minutes ago, StansAvenger said:

A Sata drive shouldn't get this warm. I once transfer my game library to a new 1TB Crucial MX500. The whole library is more than 600GB. Even after the long transfer, the SSD was barely above room temperature. Just a little warm.

11 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

Only other thing I'd suggest is to use at least three different drive health programs and compare the results.

Your OS isn't constantly reading/writing data. At least not to the level of making your SSD run at those higher temps.

i am already using CrystalDiskInfo which syays its health is 100% and hard disk sentinel says 89%, so will look into others

Thats good to know about an o.s, i just assumed it was like that