Razer chroma mamba double-clicking problem

tlustymen

Suddenly my mouse (Razer mamba chroma tournament edition) has this problem of double-clicking insted of normal lmb clicking. I googled this problem and it seemed like a problem of static energy somehow making problems there, so I took the top part and cleaned it, no help though. So I wrote to Razer support and they adviced me to clean reinstall the synapse 3 and even when I deleted the hidden files and reinstalled it again with revouninstaller, didn’t help. My warranty expired a week ago, though they made me a ticket and perhaps they’ll take it. When I took the mouse to local store where I bought it and they swiftly tested it everything seemed fine, so when I have the option, in about a week, I’ll test it myself on another computer.

In the meantime, any ideas on how to solve this, or what causes it? Maybe I should try to clean it better.

Static? Maybe you have a cable with high voltages closeby your mouse cable. Try figuring that out. Isolate the cable as much as possible. Try different ports.

5 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

Static? Maybe you have a cable with high voltages closeby your mouse cable. Try figuring that out. Isolate the cable as much as possible. Try different ports.

Well I have all my cables closeby if you count the back panel. This is how it looks.

image.png

Ethernet cable perhaps. Especially if its from a POE switch (doubt that)

EDIT: Also looks like it touched the PSU cable. So try those 2. 

Edited by GenericFanboy
am big idiot

2 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

Ethernet cable perhaps. Especially if its from a POE switch (doubt that)

EDIT: Also looks like it touched the PSU cable. So try those 2. 

Can I use masking tape?

1 minute ago, tlustymen said:

Can I use masking tape?

Its better to test first. Plug your mouse in the front Ports. See if it still does that. And no, masking tape wont work

1 minute ago, GenericFanboy said:

Its better to test first. Plug your mouse in the front Ports. See if it still does that. And no, masking tape wont work

I meant using masking tape so it stays out of the way of other cables as I'd prefer that over using front ports (I'll try that too tho)

1 minute ago, tlustymen said:

I meant using masking tape so it stays out of the way of other cables as I'd prefer that over using front ports (I'll try that too tho)

Oh! yeah sure you could try? I guess

double clicking is a sign of microswitch wear. you can buy switches and solder them yourself. check videos on yt

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!