Worth buying from Huawei?

I'm considering buying the matebook x pro for it's glorious 3:2 display if I can get a good deal on black friday. What I'm worried about are potential issues as a result of bans regarding Huawei products. Is it at all likely that I could lose support from Microsoft, or are updates hardware agnostic to the point that the manufacturer is irrelevant? The hardware is still intel/nvidia, regardless of whether Huawei made it. Otherwise, I could try to get a surface laptop for the 3:2 display (to my knowledge the only 3:2 laptops on the market are huawei's and the surface laptops).

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey

The general consensus is if you don't want to loose hardware or software support..... then don't buy proprietary machines. Laptops being pretty much the shining example of a machine designed to embrace forced obsolescence

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

The general consensus is if you don't want to loose hardware or software support..... then don't buy proprietary machines. Laptops being pretty much the shining example of a machine designed to embrace forced obsolescence

So you're saying don't buy any laptop at all?

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

1 minute ago, ThatFlashCat said:

So you're saying don't buy any laptop at all?

oh no. if you need one , you have no choice.

I'm saying don't expect any laptop to ever have any form of support for a reasonable amount of time. Whatever you buy is going to be a pure dice roll.

6 minutes ago, emosun said:

oh no. if you need one , you have no choice.

I'm saying don't expect any laptop to ever have any form of support for a reasonable amount of time. Whatever you buy is going to be a pure dice roll.

Fair point, but I'm specifically interested in Huawei devices having issues because of bans regarding that company.

PC Specs:

Freenas specs:

6 minutes ago, ThatFlashCat said:

I'm specifically interested in Huawei devices having issues because of bans regarding that company.

Yeah and whether or not that machine requires proprietary drivers to operate that can be disabled on the fly remotely by the company or microsoft is a toss up.

You either have machine a machine that is made by huawei and has ZERO software that will be affected by any sort of change , or the machine 100% relies upon the company to keep its software working for it's short life cycle and that company won't be doing that at all. pure dice roll

My advice it either change your state of mind regarding how long a machine should last and be supported , or build a normal machine that isn't bound to proprietary software and drivers.

Just now, emosun said:

Yeah and whether or not that machine requires proprietary drivers to operate that can be disabled on the fly remotely by the company or microsoft is a toss up.

You either machine a machine that is made by huawei and has ZERO software that will be affected by any sort of change , or the machine 100% relies upon the company to keep its software working for it's short life cycle and that company won't be doing that at all. pure dice roll

My advice it either change your state of mind regarding how long a machine should last and be supported , or build a normal machine that isn't bound to proprietary software and drivers.

I'm planning to reinstall windows immediately so any proprietary software will be gone. Building a system is out of the question, I've already got a good build and this PC will be for college.

PC Specs:

Freenas specs:

8 minutes ago, ThatFlashCat said:

I'm planning to reinstall windows immediately so any proprietary software will be gone.

what drivers are you planning to use that are not made by huawei

and what version of windows or other os will you use that doesn't have frequent updates that simply detect what hardware the machine uses every week