Help the DayZ Noob

I'm downloading Dayz Standalone right now, would someone teach me how to play and stuff, I won't kill :D

You can survive on dayzstandalone with your rig? ._. 

Diamond 5 in League :)

1. Find a gun.

2. Kick ass

3. Ignore zambies

4. Die

5. Cry a little

6. Do it all again. 

7. Loose all sanity and wonder to yourself, "Why do I torture myself with this game??"

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

1. Find a gun.

2. Kick ass

3. Ignore zambies

4. Die

5. Cry a little

6. Do it all again. 

7. Loose all sanity and wonder to yourself, "Why do I torture myself with this game??"

8.Stock up for the apocalypse

Diamond 5 in League :)

8.Stock up for the apocalypse

9.Find Daryl bb9670a8526be30de833cab8f4873c57.jpg

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

You can survive on dayzstandalone with your rig? ._. 

I can run arma fine I see no reason why I don't play games max :o

No.1 rule, don't trust anyone. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I can run arma fine I see no reason why I don't play games max :o

Dayz standalone is hard to run. I got a FX 8320 and a 3gb HD 7970 and I only get 40fps on medium

Dayz standalone is hard to run. I got a FX 8320 and a 3gb HD 7970 and I only get 40fps on medium

That seeems pretty low, what resolution are you on? On my spare pc I can play on high with a 2gb 7850 and i7 920.

My main rig can do 3 screen 5760*1200 on ultra with above 60fps mostly (290x and 3820)

Edit: I think its really optimized for intel cpu's.

Gaming Machine: CPU: AMD 7950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Lian Li Dynamic Evo | MOBO: X670E Asus Crosshair Extreme RAM: 64B DDR4 G.Skill 6000mhz ram | GPU: AMD 7900 XTX PSU: Corsair RM1000x with cablemod cables SSD's: 2TB Seagate 530, 4TB Seagate 530, 1TB WD SN850 | Monitors: 38" Acer X38P Predator| Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Steelseries Apex mini pro | HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

| Pics of my rig |

Linux Machine: CPU: AMD 5950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Phantek Evolv X | MOBO: X570 Asus Crosshair VIII Extreme RAM: 64GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz ram | GPU: AMD 6900XT PSU: Corsair AX1200 with custom white sleeved Cables  SSD's: 1Tb Seagate 530 & 2Tb Seagate 530 & 2Tb KC3000 | Monitors: 38" Acer X38P Predator | Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Steelseries Apex Pro| HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

| Pics of my rig |

Basement Machine: CPU: AMD 5950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Thermaltake Core Pro 3 | MOBO: X570 Gigabyte Xtreme RAM: 64GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz ram | GPU: Rtx 3080 Ti PSU: Corsair RM1000x  SSD's: 1Tb Crucial P3 Plus & 2Tb SN850 & 2Tb KC3000 | Monitors: 32" 1440p monitor | Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Das Ultimate| HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

Arma as a whole is a CPU based game. it really does it up all it can. I have a 4670k @ 4ghz and a 2gb 770 and I put it on medium just so I can get a nice 30fps while in cherno/electro every where else its a nice 50+

But on topic.

Food, fire axe, gun.

in that order too.

Also find out what your blood type is. and rotten food will save your life. many times I have gone through towns looking for food and got nothing and later died of starvation. stockpile food as much as you can, and keep eating untill it comes up that you are energized.

And for drinking, every time you come across a water pump keep drinking till you are hydrated.

If you're hurt and low on blood being both hydrated and energized will refill your blood.....SLOWLY 

when axing zombies or players, aim for the neck to get a headshot. and never run towards gun shots.
Never stand next to a window regardless how high up you are always try to be crouched and if you need to doing anything IRL (eat drink smoke piss) find a tree and prone at the base so that youre not easy to see.

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini / Motherboard:GigaByte G1-Sniper-M5 / CPU: Intel 4670k / Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz / GPU: Asus GTX770 Direct CU 2GB / PSU: OCZ ZT650 / SSD: 2xSamsung 840 240GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Cooler: Corsair H100i / Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 + 2 Corsair SP120 / Mouse: Corsair M65 / Keyboard: Cheap Crap/ Headset: Razer Kraken / Misk: 3DConnexion mouse / Flight stick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5

No.1 rule, don't trust anyone. 

I have never seen a game community this bad in my life everything single player is a asshole 

You can ad me if you like, I haven't been on much lately been busy with work, but I'm always looking for people to play with.

Intel 2500K @ 5GHz,Corsair H100i, MSI Z68 GD65, GTX 970 STRIX, 16GB G Skill Sniper, Seasonic X750, 250 GB Samsung 840pro SSDs in Raid 0, Corsair 650D.

You can ad me if you like, I haven't been on much lately been busy with work, but I'm always looking for people to play with.

I decided to help people on the reddit squad help thing :P steam is my name

I have never seen a game community this bad in my life everything single player is a asshole 

Couldnt be more true. I mean I usually try to play nice, but too many times ive helped people out and they just axe me when my back is turned or pop me in the head ater I give them a gun. So now me and a few friends just run around stealing blood of people. we call our selfs the blood bandits.

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini / Motherboard:GigaByte G1-Sniper-M5 / CPU: Intel 4670k / Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz / GPU: Asus GTX770 Direct CU 2GB / PSU: OCZ ZT650 / SSD: 2xSamsung 840 240GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Cooler: Corsair H100i / Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 + 2 Corsair SP120 / Mouse: Corsair M65 / Keyboard: Cheap Crap/ Headset: Razer Kraken / Misk: 3DConnexion mouse / Flight stick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5

Couldnt be more true. I mean I usually try to play nice, but too many times ive helped people out and they just axe me when my back is turned or pop me in the head ater I give them a gun. So now me and a few friends just run around stealing blood of people. we call our selfs the blood bandits.

The community is horrible every want to kill someone even if they help them. 

Just don't be part of the problem. Lots of people say "other people kill me so I can kill other people" (which nobody is stopping them from doing) but all you are doing is feeding the chain of paranoia. Usually I can negotiate my way out of a death either by VOIP or by an M4 but I don't kill people unprovoked which I am proud to say. I encourage you to do the same.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

it does take some time to learn the in and outs of the standalone however my complaint with it is the map is in pieces not like in arma where you find a map and you are good to go and it is still very un-optimized but once you figure the simple stuff out its fairly easy except for trying to figure out how to blood bag people and there are blood bandits everywhere

My build: Cpu: (AMD Ryzen 7 1700) Heatsink: (Deepcool Captain 240 rgb) GPU: (Zotac AMP! GTX 1060 6gb) Ram: (Corsair LPX 8Gb DDR4 2400) Mobo: ( Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K&) Case: (NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal) PSU: (Lepa B550 550w) OS:  (Windows 10

That seeems pretty low, what resolution are you on? On my spare pc I can play on high with a 2gb 7850 and i7 920.

My main rig can do 3 screen 5760*1200 on ultra with above 60fps mostly (290x and 3820)

It is, I get about 40 fps as well. There is almost 0 multithreaded optimization yet, so Intel cpus really pull ahead right now.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Please, the game's in alpha. It's not optimized for anything.

The game runs specially bad around any buildings. I can easily get 70fps on the fields but man when i get even a bit close to a village the frames drop to 30-40