When will AM5 be released?

Hello friends,

General MB discussion topic: With the recent release of Zen 2, AMD is looking to compound its lead over intel. With rumors of ddr5 and the rtx 3000 series, things are starting to heat up again in the market.

Acording to Lisa Su, Zen 3 is scheduled for 2020 (if AMD is reliable this time). However, many articles are claiming that Zen 4, hypothetically supposed to be released in 2021, will need a new socket.

Now, I don't really take faith in rumors. But with so many compounding factors, such as ddr5 soon to be due (ddr4 came in 2014, 7 years after ddr3. So 2021 maybe for ddr5 ) Amd's need to stay ahead of intel, and the gpu war starting to heat up, I believe AMD will be looking for a game changer. And I think AM5 will be the answer to handle all the new tech.

So when do you think AM5 will be released? Will AM4 still be the go to for the next few years? Or will 2021 be a year with a new socket? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamesn.com/amd/zen-4-cpu-new-socket-2021%3famp

The only concrete information we have currently is that AM4 will be supported through 2020, we don't know if that means Ryzen 4000 series will be AM4, or a new socket. Everything else is speculation. Many people,myself included, think it'll be 2021, but it remains to be seen.

With the popularity that AMD has seen with Ryzen, they're gaining ground, but they are very much not ahead of Intel. They have a very long way to go to reach parity in the consumer, server, and enterprise markets, let alone majority.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

52 minutes ago, Semper said:

The only concrete information we have currently is that AM4 will be supported through 2020, we don't know if that means Ryzen 4000 series will be AM4, or a new socket. Everything else is speculation. Many people,myself included, think it'll be 2021, but it remains to be seen.

With the popularity that AMD has seen with Ryzen, they're gaining ground, but they are very much not ahead of Intel. They have a very long way to go to reach parity in the consumer, server, and enterprise markets, let alone majority.

Well stated and happy Veterans Day!