Lost serial number windows. What can i do.

muito_gostoso

hi.

i lost my serial number of windows 7 home premium, is there a workaround?

Just now, muito_gostoso said:

hi.

i lost my serial number of windows 7 home premium, is there a workaround?

If your system still boots, you should be able to run one of the many VB Scripts freely available on the internet to recover your key.

https://gist.github.com/eyecatchup/d577a2628666a0ad1375

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

10 minutes ago, muito_gostoso said:

i have windows 10 stalled and the hard disk was formated, i have no licence in the s.o. installed

Oh, in that case, as long as you previously tied your Microsoft account to the Windows 10 installation, you should be able to reinstall Windows 10 without a key during install, sign in to the Microsoft account you had used previously, then use the activation troubleshooter from the Windows 10 Settings app to reactivate Windows. Just be sure to reinstall the exact same version of Windows 10, ie: if you had Win 7 Home and upgraded to Win 10 Home, you'll need to reinstall Win 10 Home.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

On 10/5/2019 at 4:02 PM, kirashi said:

Oh, in that case, as long as you previously tied your Microsoft account to the Windows 10 installation, you should be able to reinstall Windows 10 without a key during install, sign in to the Microsoft account you had used previously, then use the activation troubleshooter from the Windows 10 Settings app to reactivate Windows. Just be sure to reinstall the exact same version of Windows 10, ie: if you had Win 7 Home and upgraded to Win 10 Home, you'll need to reinstall Win 10 Home.

idont have microsoft account , i did not logged in before in microsoft site. I want to go back to windows 7 home premium, i need to use apps not compatible with win 10, so i want to reinstall fresh windows 7 home but with out my licence sticker doesnt work, also my latop is gateway and there is no support because gateway was buyed by acer so they do not answer my emails if i ask my licence win 7 back.

5 minutes ago, muito_gostoso said:

I want to go back to windows 7 home premium, i need to use apps not compatible with win 10, so i want to reinstall fresh windows 7 home but with out my licence sticker doesnt work, also my latop is gateway and there is no support because gateway was buyed by acer so they do not answer my emails if i ask my licence win 7 back.

Gotcha, then in that case, you might be out of luck. Third party resellers on Amazon, eBay, or other sites may have legal Retail Windows 7 keys still available for purchase. Keep in mind that support for Windows 7 ends just over 3 months, so I would not be connecting that system to the internet after support ends for security reasons.

Many technicians or IT Consultants can only help so far should you run into problems, or may refuse to help at all (hi, that'll be me) because Microsoft isn't providing support to consumers after January 2020, so even the technicians will be scouring the internet looking for fixes to a problem that no one but Microsoft can provide.

Totally understand the need to run over software - unfortunately, sometimes technology changes so fast that people have to upgrade software they need alongside their OS upgrades.

3 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Gotcha, then in that case, you might be out of luck. Third party resellers on Amazon, eBay, or other sites may have legal Retail Windows 7 keys still available for purchase. Keep in mind that support for Windows 7 ends just over 3 months, so I would not be connecting that system to the internet after support ends, and many technicians or IT Consultants can only help so far should you run into problems, or may refuse to help at all (hi, that'll be me) because Microsoft isn't providing support to consumers after January 2020.

noooo!!!! im dead!!! , can i have windows 10 home free yet? , and how?

thanks you.

15 minutes ago, muito_gostoso said:

noooo!!!! im dead!!! , can i have windows 10 home free yet? , and how?

38 minutes ago, muito_gostoso said:

i have windows 10 stalled and the hard disk was formated,

As I mentioned, if you had tied your install to a Microsoft account by converting your user account to one that uses a Microsoft account, you can just reinstall Windows 10 Home, login to your Microsoft account, and it should activate. Otherwise it's time to buy a retail copy. No other legal options are available...

And before anyone else (aside from @Firewrath9 who beat me to my reply) hops in here telling you to buy a cheap $10 key from eBay or Kinguin, no, those are not legal ways to acquire a key, as these keys are 99.99% of the time stolen from recycled PC's or are OEM licenses legally valid ONLY on the machine they were originally sold with. Not saying they won't work, of course, but they're not a legal way to purchase a key as Microsoft doesn't receive any money from the purchase of re-sold OEM keys.

On 10/5/2019 at 4:24 PM, kirashi said:

As I mentioned, if you had tied your install to a Microsoft account by converting your user account to one that uses a Microsoft account, you can just reinstall Windows 10 Home, login to your Microsoft account, and it should activate. Otherwise it's time to buy a retail copy. No other legal options are available, and before anyone else (aside from @Firewrath9 who beat me to my reply) hops in here telling you to buy a cheap $10 key from eBay or Kinguin, no, those are not legal ways to acquire a key, as these keys are 99.99% of the time stolen from recycled PC's or are OEM licenses legally valid ONLY on the machine they were originally sold with. Not saying they won't work, of course, but they're not a legal way to purchase a key as Microsoft doesn't receive any money from the purchase of re-sold OEM keys.

ok i give up, going to linux, thank you for support.

7 minutes ago, muito_gostoso said:

ok i give up, going to linux, thank you for support.

thank you tech guys from brazil.

Try to reinstal the windows 10 and if it works well, the windows will activate. The windows save the the serial nember inside of the  BIOS, But you can´t return to windows 7, because the serial number is diferent. 

1 minute ago, Nelson Pereira said:

Try to reinstal the windows 10 and if it works well windows will activate. The windows save the the serial nember in BIOS, But you cant´s return to windows 7, because the serial number is diferent. 

i will think if i go to windows again if i strugggle in linux