Only getting 250Mbps with Gigabit Internet

kimjongune

Hi, im only getting around 250Mbps with gigabit internet from Rogers (had gigabit running perfectly a month ago). It only seems to be affecting my computer (other computers in my household get near 1Gbps). I have a cat6 cable running all the way from my modem to my desktop. Ive updated the ethernet drivers and motherboard (through MSI Live 6). IF anyone could help me figure out why im getting 1/4th the speed im supposed to be getting, that would be great. 

Computer Specs

Ryzen 1600

MSI x370 SLI plus

16Gb Ram Gskill

GTX 1080ti

31 minutes ago, kimjongune said:

Hi, im only getting around 250Mbps with gigabit internet from Rogers (had gigabit running perfectly a month ago). It only seems to be affecting my computer (other computers in my household get near 1Gbps). I have a cat6 cable running all the way from my modem to my desktop. Ive updated the ethernet drivers and motherboard (through MSI Live 6). IF anyone could help me figure out why im getting 1/4th the speed im supposed to be getting, that would be great. 

Computer Specs

Ryzen 1600

MSI x370 SLI plus

16Gb Ram Gskill

GTX 1080ti

MB!=Mb

just check your units to 100% confirm.

17 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

MB!=Mb

just check your units to 100% confirm.

And 250MBps would be 2Gbps, which a gigabit card cannot do.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Already had a technician come and check out the problem. They said it was a issue on my computer since everything else is working as intended.

Try a different cable, usually if you have a damaged cable it will drop all the way to 100mbps tho...