PC freezes (I don't know why)

CrazyCatGuy

Hi everyone!
I was wondering if someone could tell me how I may troubleshoot and find out why my PC hardlocks at times.

It only happens when I'm using Opera. It doesn't happen on the same site each time. I tried disabling the hardware acceleration from Opera's settings but it still freezes.

Then I thought it might be caused from overclocking my graphics card (rx 560). I have it at +7% clock and +40% power on wattman. But it is stable (it wasn't at 7.5%). The temperatures aren't rising above 70C and I play for more than 2 hours whenever I have the opportunity with NO problems at all. Anyway, I put it back on defaults but then again, when I was on Opera, it hardlocked once more (and again...).

I'm on Windows 7 and I wonder if they have some built-in tools or logs I can search to find out where the problem might be.

My CPU is an i7 4770K at stock speeds (I never got to buy a descent cooler to overclock it...)

Thank you!

(forgot: PSU is 700 watts so it should be more than enough)

Pull out the rx560 and let iGPU do the work and if it does freeze, at least you know its not the GPU, if it doesnt freeze, well then you know it is the gpu. its a win-win

Thanks, I will give it a try. Still I would like to see if there are any logs I could take a look..

Just now, CrazyCatGuy said:

Thanks, I will give it a try. Still I would like to see if there are any logs I could take a look..

Sounds like the Power supply is going the way of the dodo. What model is it?

Corsair-something but I have to get back home to check the exact model.

But if it were the PSU, wouldn't it just turn the PC off when it occurred?