Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thenewbuilder

Front Panel Audio Not Working

The front panel audio is a separate wire from the power button and reset button and the USB. You probably did not plug the cable in.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi everyone, once again I'm asking this great community for help. I've recently build my own pc for the 1st time and it's now has been working great for 2 months apart from one thing - the front panel audio jacks are not working. I have NZXT H500 case, Ryzen 7 3700x CPU and B450 Gaming Plus Max MSI motherboard. I have updated all the drivers, realtek is working when I plug in the sound from the back, directly into the motherboard, auto pop notifications comes up and the sound is working. But when I plug in anything to the front jacks there's no detection of any audio device whatsoever. The USB entrances on the front and power button are working correctly, so my question is, can it be that I didn't connect something to the motherboard for those front panel audio jacks not to works (do they have a separate connector) or if the power button & usb on the front are working then I connected everything there is? Could it be that the motherboard has a defect or that's the problem of the case? Thanks for your help in advance.

As an alternative I was looking to buy something like this https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-External-Headphone-Microphone-Desktops/dp/B016CU2PEU if I will not be able to solve this problem.

Posted · Best Answer

The front panel audio is a separate wire from the power button and reset button and the USB. You probably did not plug the cable in.

images.jpg.af89c3557485ea687e56772f5e9f270f.jpg

You should have this connector, it needs to go onto the Front Panel Audio Header.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Windows 10 Pro X64 |

Server:-

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B running OMV Arrakis and an 8TB Seagate USB 3.0 external HDD

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

images.jpg.af89c3557485ea687e56772f5e9f270f.jpg

You should have this connector, it needs to go onto the Front Panel Audio Header.

But I remember that I connected this, I need to double-check because I'm not certain at this point.

Thanks everyone for your help, the problem was that I just inserted the HD audio cable on half and didn't see it :)

Once it's in full everything is working.