Is my motherboard voltage reading fine in BIOS?

Hey guys. Does my motherboard voltage reading in the BIOS fine? The problem is my old EVGA G2 850Watts makes a huge pop sound and a little smoke coming out of the power supply vent on the back yesterday when I plugged the power supply cable into my room socket, and my room lost electricity too. PC is able to turn on with a secondary power supply, the EVGA G1+ 650Watts. But I am really concern about the 5V reading because it only give 4.88V in the BIOS. No hard drives connected yet. Only the motherboard 24 cable, 8 pin cpu cable, 8 ping vga cable, cpu cooler, NZXT USB 2 hub internal extension, keyboard and mouse, and monitor.

I just finished building this yesterday night. I only change the power supply but i am still using the EVGA G2 cable because it is compatible with EVGA G1+ according to EVGA customer support.

MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon

Ryzen 7 3700X

Sapphire Pulse RX 590

Viper 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RGB

TL:DR

I finished building the PC yesterday

Plugged in the power cable and flipped the power supply switch on

EVGA G2 Power supply makes a huge pop sound and smoke coming out of the psu vent

Swap PSU to EVGA G1+

PC turn on and everything seems to be working fine

Concern the 5V reading in the BIOS

Screenshot_10.jpg.94e589f0461e33ec2f0176520adbbe7c.jpg

The G1 is crappy so the voltage drop is normal.

Also, as a bit of advice, don't use a PSU that literally carpet.bombed you carpet

Just now, 5x5 said:

The G1 is crappy so the voltage drop is normal.

Also, as a bit of advice, don't use a PSU that literally carpet.bombed you carpet

What chu mean the G1+ is crappy? It got ranked as high end in this tier list. Is my motherboard voltage reading fine, brother?

10 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

Hey guys. Does my motherboard voltage reading in the BIOS fine? The problem is my old EVGA G2 850Watts makes a huge pop sound and a little smoke coming out of the power supply vent on the back yesterday when I plugged the power supply cable into my room socket, and my room lost electricity too. PC is able to turn on with a secondary power supply, the EVGA G1+ 650Watts. But I am really concern about the 5V reading because it only give 4.88V in the BIOS. No hard drives connected yet. Only the motherboard 24 cable, 8 pin cpu cable, 8 ping vga cable, cpu cooler, NZXT USB 2 hub internal extension, keyboard and mouse, and monitor.

I just finished building this yesterday night. I only change the power supply but i am still using the EVGA G2 cable because it is compatible with EVGA G1+ according to EVGA customer support.

MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon

Ryzen 7 3700X

Sapphire Pulse RX 590

Viper 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RGB

TL:DR

I finished building the PC yesterday

Plugged in the power cable and flipped the power supply switch on

Power supply makes a huge pop sound and smoke coming out of the psu vent

Swap PSU

PC turn on and everything seems to be working fine

Concern the 5V reading in the BIOS

Screenshot_10.jpg.94e589f0461e33ec2f0176520adbbe7c.jpg

Nothing to worry about that is normal.  It will be 4.9 or 5.0 voltage in WIndows or when your doing a demanding task.  For some their 5v is low 4.6 or 4.7 volts and it runs fine.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

4.88v is fine for a 5v rail.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Nothing to worry about that is normal.  It will be 4.9 or 5.0 voltage in WIndows or when your doing a demanding task.  For some their 5v is low 4.6 or 4.7 volts and it runs fine.

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

4.88v is fine for a 5v rail.

Oh okay, thanks guys

Also, do you think the EVGA G2  do any damage to my mobo at all?!

Is 1.47vcore high tho

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Just now, Plutosaurus said:

Is 1.47vcore high tho

It's fine as well

6 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

What chu mean the G1+ is crappy? It got ranked as high end in this tier list. Is my motherboard voltage reading fine, brother?

Ah, sorry. G1+, was thinking NEX G1

6 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Ah, sorry. G1+, was thinking NEX G1

Oh okay

Do you think the EVGA G2 failed on me do any damage at all to my mobo?

3 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

Oh okay

Do you think the EVGA G2 failed on me do any damage at all to my mobo?

Only time will tell. If you start seeing fucky stuff happen then it's possible

2 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Only time will tell. If you start seeing fucky stuff happen then it's possible

Ah shit man. This is the worse time to have a psu blew up on my new zen 2 build!

Just now, OlympicAssEater said:

Ah shit man. This is the worse time to have a psu blew up on my new zen 2 build!

That's why I generally recommend getting a new PSU when going very high end.

Just now, 5x5 said:

That's why I generally recommend getting a new PSU when going very high end.

But " don't fix it if it ain't broke"

I can confirmed my EVGA G2 PSU is in a very good condition before the build, but I did not expect it to blew up on me on my zen 2 build.

11 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

Hello

I ran Unigine Heaven Benchmark and the 5v reading from HWInfo64 only show max 4.88v

Is it something to concern about?

Just now, OlympicAssEater said:

Hello

I ran Unigine Heaven Benchmark and the 5v reading from HWInfo64 only show max 4.88v

Is it something to concern about?

No that is normal.  I mean it happens on high end PSU's as well.  No worries I promise.  :)

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

29 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

No that is normal.  I mean it happens on high end PSU's as well.  No worries I promise.  :)

I thought it has to be exact 5V and no lower.