Dell U2312HM

LDG

Guys any body here owns this monitor mentioned above? Im planning to buy this one.

Would this monitor be good for fps games?

i9-9900K || MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC || Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC || 16GBCorsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz || Samsung EVO 970 Plus Samsung 850 EVO 2TB + Crucial BX100 500GB + 4TB HGST NAS || Factal Design Define Mini C TG || Corsair RM750x || Corsair H100i Pro RGB || Acer Predator XB271HU

Yea, i guess. How much is your budget?

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

Yes.

And well reviewed by in depth monitor sites:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2312hm.htm

But plagued with faulty panes.. but I don't know if it's rectified or not (in the sense that they are all good now)

You may also be interested in this monitor, the Dell P2414H:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_p2414h.htm

Faster, not plagued with production issue for the eIPS (if that still happens), and does not use a PWM to control the backlight, but rather a more expensive and better approach: and actual dimming circuit. PWM (or Pulse Width Modulation) controlled back light is when they flicker the backlight really fast at a certain rate to get a certain brightness level. higher the brightness, faster the flickering. This is a common practice used as a cost saving measure to control the back light illumination. Before, actual dimming circuit were very costly and were only used on high-end consumer grade monitors, now it got cheaper so we start seeing it on less expensive monitors. Dell being the first. PWM can cause headaches to some. The flickering is not something that you can see, but some people can sense it, and might have problems with it, including having red eyes after a session, despite frequent breaks, and no medical condition or medication causing this. So if you have such problem, you know why, and you may opt for a non-PWM controlled backlight. If you never noticed and have no problem, then you are like most people, and will have no problem with the U2312HM.

The downside of the P2414H in terms of features, is that there is no side USB ports.

Yea, i guess. How much is your budget?

Around 200$

i9-9900K || MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC || Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC || 16GBCorsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz || Samsung EVO 970 Plus Samsung 850 EVO 2TB + Crucial BX100 500GB + 4TB HGST NAS || Factal Design Define Mini C TG || Corsair RM750x || Corsair H100i Pro RGB || Acer Predator XB271HU

Yes.

And well reviewed by in depth monitor sites:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2312hm.htm

But plagued with faulty panes.. but I don't know if it's rectified or not (in the sense that they are all good now)

You may also be interested in this monitor, the Dell P2414H:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_p2414h.htm

Faster, not plagued with production issue for the eIPS (if that still happens), and does not use a PWM to control the backlight, but rather a more expensive and better approach: and actual dimming circuit. PWM (or Pulse Width Modulation) controlled back light is when they flicker the backlight really fast at a certain rate to get a certain brightness level. higher the brightness, faster the flickering. This is a common practice used as a cost saving measure to control the back light illumination. Before, actual dimming circuit were very costly and were only used on high-end consumer grade monitors, now it got cheaper so we start seeing it on less expensive monitors. Dell being the first. PWM can cause headaches to some. The flickering is not something that you can see, but some people can sense it, and might have problems with it, including having red eyes after a session, despite frequent breaks, and no medical condition or medication causing this. So if you have such problem, you know why, and you may opt for a non-PWM controlled backlight. If you never noticed and have no problem, then you are like most people, and will have no problem with the U2312HM.

The downside of the P2414H in terms of features, is that there is no side USB ports.

Ok thanks I only want 23" due to space constraint..

How about this Asus vs239h-p?

I just narrowed my choice on this 2 monitors.

@LDG, I would probable go with something safer and go for the ASUS PA238Q or PB238Q. I believe they will perform much better. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I have one and I love it, there is a little backlight bleed that is noticeable during dark scenes but it's only a small, out of focus area in the bottom corner.

Good for games, no input lag.

I have one and I love it, there is a little backlight bleed that is noticeable during dark scenes but it's only a small, out of focus area in the bottom corner.

Good for games, no input lag.

Did you experienced any noticable ghosting?

Did you experienced any noticable ghosting?

I've had 3 of them, all flawless. Played countless hours of CoD Promod, Borderlands 2, Battlefield 3 with zero complaints; no ghosting, no noticeable lag, nothing. The warranty is also unmatched by anything else on the market from other manufacturers. Get one :)

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Oh sorry, forgot to mention, there is a 23inch version of the P2414H. The P2314H :)

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Gaming_Accessories/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&cs=cadhs1&sku=320-9799&baynote_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch

They are no in depth monitor review of it, but I don't see why it would be so different than the 24inch version. It has the exact same set of features, inputs, ability, same specs, but 23inch.

Thanks guys...

I have this monitor. pretty sweet for photo editing.

if you have f.lux remember to turn it off.

The Syndicate

I had this display for a week or so, but ended up returning it because the backlight at its lowest brightness was to bright for my eyes in a dark room.  Maybe it was defective, maybe I am just sensitive to the bright light, or maybe it had something to with the PWM backlight control that was talked about by Goodbytes.

Just purchased today..

So far happy for now  :D  :D...

post-9148-0-19464000-1391416943.jpg