Desk and workstation setup on a budget in Denmark!

Vonplaf

So i am one of the many that are sitting and drooling over some of the awesome builds that are shown on the channels of  LTT, Jayztwocents, Bitwit, Paulshardware, gamersnexus and so on....
Dreaming and dreaming about having those kinds of builds, but realising it's just never gonna happen, so we have to make the most of things as they are, and work with what we got.!!

I did not plan to make this as a build log, but after being "done" with my setup, i kinda realised that i might not be the only one that is one a budget (Not everyone can afford the crazy high end builds of @LinusTech)
So this is kinda gonna outline what my setup is and the cost of it all. As i am from Denmark i will list danish prices DKK and converter in USD prices as well just for the fun of it.

Also just to outline why its on a budget, I am living alone with my son, working a semi crappy job for a crappy pay and have to make due with what you can get your hands on in a 2nd hand market, and also wanted to show what it kinda costs to put together a "budget" build here in Denmark that can do both ok'ish gaming and productivity work.
Also keep in mind this is not build in one go, this is done over time, the computer was build with lesser parts that in the description and upgraded over time approx 1 year to the setup listed below.

So this is my setup and the approx. cost of it.

Desk:

2nd. hand MDF plate from an old desk "no legs for it" that have some kind of wood veneer on it, got this at one of the local thrift stores for approx. 150DKK / 22,40USD
2nd. hand Ikea KALLAX to use a legs on the wide end of the desk approx. 100DKK / 14.90USD
2nd. hand 2 ps.Ikea ADILS legs to use at the narrow end of the desk approx. 25DKK / 3.70USD
Random board to attach underneath the desk so that the legs are the same height as the Ikea Kallax approx. 25DKK / 3.70USD
Random screws to hold it all together.

Total cost approx. 300DKK / 44.80USD

Desktop workstation:
Put together over time "approx. 1 year" and upgraded to its current condition. So the cost is spread out over time.
2nd. hand MSI Z87i gaming ac ITX motherboard approx. 300 DKK / 44.80USD
2nd. hand Intel core i7 4790 CPU approx. 1000DKK / 149.40USD

2nd. hand 2x8GB DDR3 1600MHz kingston valueram approx. 300DKK / 44.80USD

New Samsung EVO 860 500GB Sata SSD approx. 640DKK / 95,60USD
2nd. hand Samsung EVO 850 256GB Sata SSD approx. 150DKK / 22,40USD
New Asetek AIO 120mm cooler, given to me for free as from a friend at Asetek

New 3 ps. Corsair 120mm pwm fans and fansplitter cable given to me for free as from a friend at Asetek
New Corsair SF450 modular 450W SFX PSU approx. 600DKK / 89.60USD 

2nd. hand Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV SHIFT approx 500DKK / 74.70USD
New. Asus GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB graphicscard approx. 1900DKK / 286.80USD
2nd. hand Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard approx. 400DKK / 59,70USD

New (old/used) Logitech MX master mouse approx. 400DKK / 59,70USD

New Steelseries arctis 7 headset given as a gift to me.

2nd. hand Creative speakers and sub-woofer approx. 100DKK / 14.90USD

2nd. hand 2 x Philips 241b4l 24" LED 60hz monitors approx. 600DKK / 89.60USD (NOT VERY GOOD MONITORS!!!)

Windows 10 Pro key approx. 1000DKK / 149.40USD

New Steelseries mousemat approx 149DKK / 22.20USD

Lego men... "borrowed from my son" Free ;)

Random cables that is needed in a build, price no idea.

Total cost approx 7139DKK / 1104.30USD

Laptop: work laptop.... not mine :(

Lenovo Thinkpad T460S and Lenovo docking station

Intel core i7 6600U

20GB DDR4 memory 

512GB Samsung m.2 SSd
bla.... bla.. blaa....... (not mine :( DAMN!)

1154607338_IMG_20190825_110427(1).thumb.jpg.4e33704067da0d54ee661580b15c59b3.jpg

Ohhh yes and here is the cinebench score.... WOOP!!

cinebench.jpg.88fa7e47587f86ae7efa681b1780dce2.jpg

29 minutes ago, Vonplaf said:

WOOP

Greetings from an expat.

Denmark is expensive to live in, but it has many positive aspects that are better than a LOT of other countries.

I'll trade you, you can have my totally awesome (sarcasm? Yeah probably) 20 core/40 thread dual Xeon workstation, but you gotta come live in the USA ?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

@Radium_Angel Thanks ...   been to the US several times love it there but would for sure also miss the things back in Denmark (but NOT the hardware prices here )

3 hours ago, Vonplaf said:

@Radium_Angel Thanks ...   been to the US several times love it there but would for sure also miss the things back in Denmark (but NOT the hardware prices here )

Well what you need is an expat planning on visiting sometime this upcoming year, to bring you a suitcase of parts!

Now if you could only find said person ?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.