Aorus x570 pro questions

Hi,

Im about to purchase one (after weeks of puzzling which mobo to pick); and am hoping that current owners can answer some questions :)

1) ive read about gigabyte bios bug on reddit, persisted over 3 gens am4, concerning losing bios settings after system sleep. Havent heard its been fixed yet, so wondering if you ran into this or not.. Im especially concerned losing fancurves etc. Any feedback on eyecatching or annoying bugs in latest bios would be appreciated.

2) for thick and long gpu combination, how much of the chipset fan is covered by your gpu? Ill be using a strix rtx with fan off mode and would hate fore the strixes hughe heatsink to dissipate enough warm air around the chipset fan to make it spin-up.

3) there are 2 ext temp sense headers; manual does not list actual sensors as box content; where to find correct sensors? I have some laying around from old fancontroller but not sure how many types there are.. (Or do i misunderstand that feature?)

4) whats the post time like (after enabling each and every fast boot option)? Im coming from intel and know amd post is longer but rather not have to wait too long between power and usage.

Thank you in advance, any hands on info is highly appreciated!

44 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

1) ive read about gigabyte bios bug on reddit, persisted over 3 gens am4, concerning losing bios settings after system sleep. Havent heard its been fixed yet, so wondering if you ran into this or not.. Im especially concerned losing fancurves etc. Any feedback on eyecatching or annoying bugs in latest bios would be appreciated.

That bug is related to dualBios. Where some Gigabyte boards change BIOS if an issue during boot. 

As long as the board as a way to select Bios on the board. That shouldnt be an issue. 

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

That bug is related to dualBios. Where some Gigabyte boards change BIOS if an issue during boot. 

As long as the board as a way to select Bios on the board. That shouldnt be an issue. 

Hi, thanks for responding! :)

Yeah the elite and pro doint have dual bios iirc, so that should be an issues. Ive found the thread i was reffering to and seemingly i mixed up some stuff; it was about cold boot after unplug from mains (less of a concern to me)

I was reffering to this thread (its about elite, but bios is mostly shared i think): 

excerpt: "

The only issue i have with this board is that everytime i shut down and then turn the PC back on i have to go in the bios and enable XMP. It seems my bios settings reset every time i boot up after shutdown.

R7 3700X | 32GB @ 3200MHz CL16 | Aorus X570 Elite | GTX 1080Ti
10d

I have the same issue. Any luck in finding a solution yet?

I'm on F4j, and was hoping it would have been fixed in that update"

Anyway, thanks for the reply! As far as im concerned this item is "closed" as a worry for me now :)

3 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

the bug is related to having a dead battery, just buy a new one from the supermarket

other problems with the board :

1. the bottom socket's for the front panel are not low enough, if you have 2 graphic card's in them,
  2. the front panel plug case can't be used if you have a second graphic's card as the front panel plug will stop the graphic's card being pressed in and clipped fully into the PCI slot
  3. SLI probably doesn't work,

2 hours ago, XHT_001 said:

the bug is related to having a dead battery, just buy a new one from the supermarket

other problems with the board :

1. the bottom socket's for the front panel are not low enough, if you have 2 graphic card's in them,
  2. the front panel plug case can't be used if you have a second graphic's card as the front panel plug will stop the graphic's card being pressed in and clipped fully into the PCI slot
  3. SLI probably doesn't work,

Tanks for the info! Much appreciated;

As for the dead cmos battery, was that gigabytes conclusion somewhere? (Since gigabyte reported back on it and was able to reproduce that issue). Since x570 is relatively brand new delivering boards with dead batteries would not be nice (and id assume its something they checked before acknowledging the issue...).

Anyway, since my memory was off on that one (only sometimes happening after no power instead of sleep mode) for me its a non issues since i unplug maybe twice a year.

On the sli, dont have it, never will (its not the reason i want the pro over the edge); but good to know anyway!

Since you onw(ned) the board, and have large gpu(s), how was your experience regading gpu blocking part of the chipset fan?

Again, much appreciate the info! :)

1 hour ago, Bartholomew said:

Tanks for the info! Much appreciated;

As for the dead cmos battery, was that gigabytes conclusion somewhere? (Since gigabyte reported back on it and was able to reproduce that issue). Since x570 is relatively brand new delivering boards with dead batteries would not be nice (and id assume its something they checked before acknowledging the issue...).

Anyway, since my memory was off on that one (only sometimes happening after no power instead of sleep mode) for me its a non issues since i unplug maybe twice a year.

On the sli, dont have it, never will (its not the reason i want the pro over the edge); but good to know anyway!

Since you onw(ned) the board, and have large gpu(s), how was your experience regading gpu blocking part of the chipset fan?

Again, much appreciate the info! :)

nope, there is never a problem with the bios, or rarely, you PC has to be sat in -15c weather condition's all day for dualbios to kick in and be able to cold boot or you have a power cut during a flash

saving bios settings and the system time is the only thing the battery does, if you get a new board, replace the battery before you install it with a good duracell or something, especially if the board is kind of old, and has probably been sitting in a warehouse for a year