Trouble with WiFi and Internet

Zada

Hello, 

I've recently ran into a problem with my Internet. I can barely connect to my network that I had no issue connecting with the previous day, and if I connect, the WiFi symbol has the "identify network" phrase. Even after I've connected to the network after some commands like "ipconfig/flushdns", it has the stupid yellow triangle that says no Internet access. 

As such, I figured my WiFi adapter is broken or has degraded. (I use a fairly old oem upgraded system so I wasn't particularly surprised when one of the parts started failing) so I ran down to the nearby mall to get another WiFi adapter this time a PCIE X1 one. The previous one was a chip connected to a slot on the mobo. Even after spending all that time getting a new WiFi adapter and setting it up with the CD it gave and the drivers, the stupid symbol still persisted.

But, since then I've been able to access some websites when connecting to a different network (my phone's mobile hot-spot). Weird thing is, the network not only unstable and works only sometimes, but it can't access some websites, like YouTube it can access fine but nvidia' s websites don't seem to work. After messing around with the diagnostics and the error code on my Geforce Experience, I figured my graphics card was having some sort of output issue, so I deleted my Geforce Experience and tried to download it again to get the proper drives since I couldn't access Geforce Experience at all (error code 0x0003 or something). And since I have no Internet /unstable Internet, I can't download the Geforce Experience application and now I can't get graphics drivers either. 

And then I did the diagnostics for the WiFi with the Microsoft diagnostics thing, it said my WiFi does not have a proper ip configuration, after a few guides and tutorials, the problem never went away and such I thought it was a virus. After 2 full scans, no issues and I'm at a brick wall. BTW there was a windows update around the time of the "Internet issue" so maybe that's a factor? 

I'd really like some help, please anything that might help. I'm considering formatting my whole pc and trying to get into steam to backup some games which is also hard cos I have no frikkin Internet. Help pls. Any more information I can provide will be given.. 

7 minutes ago, Zada said:

Help pls.

Remove all physical wi-fi card.

Connect PC to router via cable (cat5 or 6)

Report back if connection issues are gone via wired, or still persist.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

9 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Remove all physical wi-fi card.

Connect PC to router via cable (cat5 or 6)

Report back if connection issues are gone via wired, or still persist.

Unfortunately ethernet isn't an option for me due to the placement of my computer. 

seems like you just need better rage on your wifi, the solution is to move your router or get an access point.

try rebooting your pc? disable/enable your wireless card?

maybe yours is just on the brink of going out

there is ethernet over power line adapters