Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smiffy_

Create shortcut to printer preferences Win10

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey,

I am doing some work for a less technically able client and going through Win10 menus to access printer preferences is hard for them to learn/remember.

I was wondering if I could create a shortcut/script to open it upon a single click.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ryan

Which one? The one in Settings?

That one is the easiest. Just go into settings, Devices, Printers & Scanners and right click on the icon. There you can pin it to start.

You can do a similar thing in the Control Panel window. Right click on the things you want to have quick access to and pin that to Start.

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections you can do anything." - Bathtub Barracuda

"hah aha AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you know what I mean?"

"How can someone win if winning means that someone loses" - Scatman John

"64 bits, 32 bits, 16 bits, 8 bits, 4 bits, 2 BITS, 1 BIT, HALF BIT, QUARTER BIT, THE WRIST GAAAAAAME!!!" - Angry Video Game Nerd

Gear:                           .                                                                                                                         .

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 || Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon || RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz (running at 2933Mhz) || GPU: Gigabyte Auros RX 580 4GB || Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || Cooling: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || PSU: Corsair RMx 750W

Peripherals:

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm || Mouse: Roccat Kiro || Keyboard: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Mousepad: CM Storm Swift-RX XXL || Graphics tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen Small

Old PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 255 || Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO || RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia Quadro 512MB || Case: Antec Sonata III || PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W Bronze

Minibois' Digital Art Thread

Reviews: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Wacom Intuos Pen Small || Roccat Kiro

Threads: Pokémon Thread || Dutch Talk || Super Smash Bros. Melee Thread

Setup: Current setup

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Which one? The one in Settings?

That one is the easiest. Just go into settings, Devices, Printers & Scanners and right click on the icon. There you can pin it to start.

You can do a similar thing in the Control Panel window. Right click on the things you want to have quick access to and pin that to Start.

4 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Go to Control Panel, select "Hardware and Sound", right click on "Devices and Printers" and select "Create Shortcut"

Otherwise you can open up the Start Menu or go to search and type in "printers" and the page in Settings will usually show up.

Cheers, I'm already aware of these. Was looking for a solution for going straight into the printer preferences menu.

Thank you though,

Ryan

Go into the old "Devices and Printers" menu, which is well hidden in Windows 10.  I have found it by searching "bluetooth devices" and then using the link in the right side.  Then scroll down to the printer and create a shortcut to it on the desktop (or where ever).  For me this opens the control panel for the printer but this may vary by driver/device.