Create shortcut to printer preferences Win10

Smiffy_

Hey,

I am doing some work for a less technically able client and going through Win10 menus to access printer preferences is hard for them to learn/remember.

I was wondering if I could create a shortcut/script to open it upon a single click.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ryan

Which one? The one in Settings?

That one is the easiest. Just go into settings, Devices, Printers & Scanners and right click on the icon. There you can pin it to start.

You can do a similar thing in the Control Panel window. Right click on the things you want to have quick access to and pin that to Start.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Which one? The one in Settings?

That one is the easiest. Just go into settings, Devices, Printers & Scanners and right click on the icon. There you can pin it to start.

You can do a similar thing in the Control Panel window. Right click on the things you want to have quick access to and pin that to Start.

4 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Go to Control Panel, select "Hardware and Sound", right click on "Devices and Printers" and select "Create Shortcut"

Otherwise you can open up the Start Menu or go to search and type in "printers" and the page in Settings will usually show up.

Cheers, I'm already aware of these. Was looking for a solution for going straight into the printer preferences menu.

Thank you though,

Ryan

Go into the old "Devices and Printers" menu, which is well hidden in Windows 10.  I have found it by searching "bluetooth devices" and then using the link in the right side.  Then scroll down to the printer and create a shortcut to it on the desktop (or where ever).  For me this opens the control panel for the printer but this may vary by driver/device.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.