GPU - Coil whine removed by outlet grounding

Go to solution Solved by .Apex.,
11 minutes ago, Hi P said:

Well something interesting happened today, an electrician came to my house to fix a couple things and he noticed my outlet wasn't properly grounded, he went ahead to fix it.

Out of curiosity, I went to check for the annoying noise... the coil whine was completely gone, I ran other benchmarks just to make sure... IT WAS GONE

Then it might not have been Coil Whine in the first place, from its name it's just the coils vibrating that creates that whine, I think you were experiencing other ground loop/related issues

So my GPU used to make a noise under heavy tasks (not during gaming but for things like real time rendering visualization), upon watching some videos I found out it was called coil whine but I didn't mind it.

Well something interesting happened today, an electrician came to my house to fix a couple things and he noticed my outlet wasn't properly grounded, he went ahead to fix it.

Out of curiosity, I went to check for the annoying noise... the coil whine was completely gone, I ran other benchmarks just to make sure... IT WAS GONE

Just putting this out there in case someone has the same problem :)

11 minutes ago, Hi P said:

Then it might not have been Coil Whine in the first place, from its name it's just the coils vibrating that creates that whine, I think you were experiencing other ground loop/related issues

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

16 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

Ohhh, yea could be :D

I just know that my GPU noise sounded 100% exactly like this one (video from Linus)