Dilemma

hello everyone, my question is i have i7700 ,32gb,2080 ,i use the pc to game browse and recently i have started to build websites ,i have 3 monitors connected so i can have multiple programs running,would i be better to upgrade to a threadripper or would i be better with another cpu to do multiple website builds at once and some times gaming. i play arma3,world war 3 etc. sorry for being lazy its just so many options from multi task to gaming, and no sooner i have purchased pc another comes out a week later better faster ,so my question is what shall i go for intel,amd ryzen 9,or threadripper.

At this point AMD has pretty much killed Threadripper with the new gen 3 Ryzen CPUs. I recommend you get the R9 3900X or wait for the R9 3950X to be released.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Uptivuptiz said:

At this point AMD has pretty much killed Threadripper with the new gen 3 Ryzen CPUs. I recommend you get the R9 3900X or wait for the R9 3950X to be released.

Well they have "killed" threadripper for consumers who only need the cores and nothing else, but Threadripper still has all it's uses.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

Well they have "killed" threadripper for consumers who only need the cores and nothing else, but Threadripper still has all it's uses.

True. I just wanted to make sure that the Threadripper didn't get chosen as it's far too overkill for this kind of usage.

Sorry for a (kind of) misleading answer.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14 minutes ago, eden-steven said:

hello everyone, my question is i have i7700 ,32gb,2080 ,i use the pc to game browse and recently i have started to build websites

not untill you feel the program being sluggish , or dont be that greedy running so many stuff at once

I only run multiple pages ,or play a game or watch netflix .never all 3 at once maybe a movie on you tube while am trying to figure css on my website, also while reading multiple websites as a help option . It doesnt get sluggish its just i see alot of new cpu and gpu options available now. Thanks for all your replys .

If you are just doing Html, css and javascript while watching videos, you dont need to upgrade. Also it's great for gaming at high settings.

I don't see the need to upgrade. Your CPU is fine and your GPU is top of the line. 

Thank you everyone who took there time to answer my questions,i watch linus when am free and it is constantly new cpu and new gpu ,i just didnt want to be left scratching me head . cheers for the replys. also i made a mistake it is a gtx 1080 sorry for wrong input.would i still be ok with this set up. thanks and sorry for being thick i should of read it before i posted .