Water Cooling Disaster Stories

Wondered if anyone had any water cooling disasters, saw a video from a YouTuber I follow and his custom built system leaked and his 5K computer was wrecked, luckily it was under warranty though so I guess the company will replace it for free.

I've a leak story to tell .....biggrin.png

First water cooling build : after a few weeks, I noticed the coolant level was lower than at the beginning. I thought 'Well, some remaining air bubbles'...

I filled it up.

A few days later, the level went down again.

I filled it up again.

A week later, I moved my PC for an unknown reason and I saw some blue drops on my table

eek.png

Opened the PC, and then I saw it :

1339344940-DSC03464.jpg

It was probably slowly leaking for days and days. I had luck that this reservoir-combo is at the bottom of the case : some coolant was absorbed by an anti-vibration pad I had under it, but the rest was near the power supply area...

Drained it, fixed it.

But I've no idea why the tube did unscrew itself...

I've a leak story to tell .....biggrin.png

First water cooling build : after a few weeks, I noticed the coolant level was lower than at the beginning. I thought 'Well, some remaining air bubbles'...

I filled it up.

A few days later, the level went down again.

I filled it up again.

A week later, I moved my PC for an unknown reason and I saw some blue drops on my table

eek.png

Opened the PC, and then I saw it :

1339344940-DSC03464.jpg

It was probably slowly leaking for days and days. I had luck that this reservoir-combo is at the bottom of the case : some coolant was absorbed by an anti-vibration pad I had under it, but the rest was near the power supply area...

Drained it, fixed it.

But I've no idea why the tube did unscrew itself...

Could be the vibration of the psu fan or just bad luck

well, not a horror story since it was only with leak testing.

My rad leaked at first, so i had to remove it (which is really annoying in a modded case which doesn't support watercooling), i got that fixed (an O-ring was missing...), tested it again and my cpu blok leaked... fixed that, it leaked again. it was really frustrating, the problem was that i screwed my cpu waterblok to tight.

it took me a full day to watercool and leak test my system... I am still checking if my cpu blok isnt leuking every day.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

I always run my system for 24 hours for a leak test before using... Especially after maintenance....

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99