Should I use this one?

Gamerman3245

I wasnt to build a new $1200 dollar canadian PC and was wondering if I could use my old PC's PSU. The PC in question is the Dell Studio XPS 435t/9000 and the PSU is 475 watts and the build I want leading up to christmas is this one

I don't know if I should change the PSU for a newer one for the decreased chancce of PSU issues since the Dell PSU is over 10 years old.

Definitely get a new PSU, don't play around expensive hardware like that. 

Is saving 50$ really worth killing 1200$ hardware?

Also you could get a b450 motherboard, and 16gb of ram.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

How about something like this? It’s 69 cents over budget lol 

just trying to provide some options

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

4 hours ago, star_pilot475 said:

How about something like this? It’s 69 cents over budget lol 

just trying to provide some options

Yeah I might try a 2000 series Ryzen 5 chip but I really want the new 3000 series one first.

4 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

Definitely get a new PSU, don't play around expensive hardware like that. 

Is saving 50$ really worth killing 1200$ hardware?

Also you could get a b450 motherboard, and 16gb of ram.

Yeah I was expecting a hard no for the PSU due to it being over 10 years of operation and is bound to make mistakes and die sooner or later. I just need it to survive for the next 5 and a half months. Any power supply recommendations would be nice. The reason I didn’t  chose the B450 mobs and 16GB of RAM is because there isn’t a BIOS update out yet for those CPUs and MOBO, and I only really need 8 because all I really do is game and games don’t need a lot of RAM really.

57 minutes ago, Gamerman3245 said:

Yeah I was expecting a hard no for the PSU due to it being over 10 years of operation and is bound to make mistakes and die sooner or later. I just need it to survive for the next 5 and a half months. Any power supply recommendations would be nice. The reason I didn’t  chose the B450 mobs and 16GB of RAM is because there isn’t a BIOS update out yet for those CPUs and MOBO, and I only really need 8 because all I really do is game and games don’t need a lot of RAM really.

The Corsair CX450M PSU that @star_pilot475 recommended would be a good starting point as a replacement.  Depending if you want more features out of the PSU, I can give you some suggestions from there.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/