Alienware M17x R3 specific problem

I own an old Alienware M17x R3 and its one of very few laptops that exist with HDMI input. I'm able to connect a second source of video and display it on the laptops screen. i use this primarily for my PS4 but there's a problem. The audio signal from the PS4 doesn't pick up through the laptop. I've seen old video stating that switching playback audio to HDMI Audio will fix it but it doesn't exist. This could be a Win10 problem and i'm not sure if Win7 will fix it, but i don't want to downgrade for just an audio problem. 

currently only using an audio splitter from my speakers and connecting a physical 3.5mm cable from the controller to get audio, but i've been searching for a solution that doesn't require me to connect my controller just for audio. 

if anyone has a laptop with HDMI input with Win10 and has solved the audio problem. please share, i've been racking my brain for months

15 minutes ago, iBangAPES said:

I own an old Alienware M17x R3 and its one of very few laptops that exist with HDMI input. I'm able to connect a second source of video and display it on the laptops screen. i use this primarily for my PS4 but there's a problem. The audio signal from the PS4 doesn't pick up through the laptop. I've seen old video stating that switching playback audio to HDMI Audio will fix it but it doesn't exist. This could be a Win10 problem and i'm not sure if Win7 will fix it, but i don't want to downgrade for just an audio problem. 

currently only using an audio splitter from my speakers and connecting a physical 3.5mm cable from the controller to get audio, but i've been searching for a solution that doesn't require me to connect my controller just for audio. 

if anyone has a laptop with HDMI input with Win10 and has solved the audio problem. please share, i've been racking my brain for months

When was it working ?"  You say it has been like this for months.  What has changed ?  Only thing is if you have 1903 its a buggy update.  That or even the 1809 could have botched your setup and sh*T.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

If you use system restore which I hope you do.  I would go back to a earlier date to when sh*T was working fine.  You wont lose any data but installed games or apps will dissapear.  No worries about that, this is what I would do.  MS OS is drunk as fak.  But were forced to update for security reasons and little things that have been changed.  sighs.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

6 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

When was it working ?"  You say it has been like this for months.  What has changed ?  Only thing is if you have 1903 its a buggy update.  That or even the 1809 could have botched your setup and sh*T.

sorry, but i probably wasn't specific enough. the audio never worked for me to begin with. i didn't need the HDMI input until my last monitor i had been using for my PS4 broked and my laptop is the only one working. I've only been looking for a solution for months with no ends. 

i've seen many "solutions" and "solved methods" online but it never really raise the issue that they're using Win7. doesn't help that these videos/forums are years old. it be nice to find a solution with Win10 but its honestly not the end of the world if i can't find it