AMD 3900x Freezing my computer?

IAmSpazzyG

Completely confused as of right now. I recently upgraded from an i5 7600k to an AMD 3900x to help keep my gaming performance while giving a high improvement to software usage and editing. However I replaced my motherboard with a Asus prime x570-p and my cpu to the 3900x and my pc with randomly freeze up every couple of seconds for a second or two making it unusable. I lowered the voltage and even dropped a few of the cores into hibernation especially for gaming but it hasn't made a difference. To top it all off sometimes on startup it will work just fine, and on others it will freeze until it ultimately freezes up entirely and I have to force reset my computer, and just recently It crashed windows entirely into a blue screen. Never had an issue with this before and I really need to see if there are people with solutions or similar problems because these cpu's are so new that there is little to no forums for them. Any help would be appreciated and if not I will more than likely do a fresh install of windows because every upgrade I do things like this seem to happen with absolutely no solutions.

(Along with this I have no spike in temps or usage while this happens, it's just a complete 1-3 second freeze up during any action on any program and games have been crashing on less frequent, but random occasions as well. :\)

Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x

GPU: 1080ti

PSU: 750w gold

RAM: 16gb

Storage: 2x 1tb HDD's. 1SSD with windows installed. 1tb M.2 drive

Motherboard: Asus prime x570-p

Any overclocks?  

What did the BSOD say?

Any software from ASUS or Corsair iCUE or anything else like that?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

6 minutes ago, IAmSpazzyG said:

RAM: 16gb

run the machine with a single stick of ram. try both sticks alone in the machine

12 minutes ago, IAmSpazzyG said:

Any help would be appreciated and if not I will more than likely do a fresh install of windows because every upgrade I do things like this seem to happen with absolutely no solutions.

So did you not do a clean install of windows when you built the new system?  If not this is most likely the problem.

16 minutes ago, nick name said:

Any overclocks?  

What did the BSOD say?

Any software from ASUS or Corsair iCUE or anything else like that?

Slight overclock on the GPU, I attempted it on the CPU but clearly that needs to wait until I can get it stable. The bsod was just a failed to load windows 10. And I don't have any Asus or corsair software that is being used at the moment.

11 minutes ago, Beowulff83 said:

So did you not do a clean install of windows when you built the new system?  If not this is most likely the problem.

I may do that here in a minute honestly

10 hours ago, IAmSpazzyG said:

I may do that here in a minute honestly

Yeah a clean install of windows is almost required, also make sure the AMD Promontory chipset driver is installed. Set your CPU entirely to stock, the only OC you should be doing is per CCX, but for now stock is fine, leave memory on auto and get everything installed on the system. If you're experiencing stutter at this point then you may have a faulty unit, but if not then keep enabling additional bios settings one by one and see if it comes back.

My GPU History: GTS 250, 7790, 7850, GTX 660ti, 7870XT, 7970, 280X, 280X Crossfire, 290, 290X, Fury X, 390 Crossfire, Fury Crossfire, 1070, 1080, 1080ti.

My CPU History: Pentium 4, Pentium E5300, Core 2 Quad QX 9650, Intel Xeon 1230 v3, 4790K, 3930K, 5820K, 1700, 3700X.