Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rounakr94

Sorry state of RMA of Asus

What do you expect from this post? Everybody feeling sad for you?

Just message the asus support and they will take care of this what might be a shipping damage.

Btw. they did not send you a broken capacitor. This is a GPU with a broken solder joint. 😉

On 7/10/2019 at 6:47 AM, BleachedFur said:

we get it, you have a redmi note 5

that looks easy to fix if you have a soldering iron

That's a little besides the point, it's not something you should have to fix. Especially on an RMA. 

On 7/11/2019 at 5:15 PM, Mutoh said:

That's a little besides the point, it's not something you should have to fix. Especially on an RMA. 

True - but accidents happen. It could well have happened during shipping, for example. The OP simply needs to contact ASUS with the image provided, and they'll sort it out for him ASAP.

For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

True - but accidents happen. It could well have happened during shipping, for example. The OP simply needs to contact ASUS with the image provided, and they'll sort it out for him ASAP.

I have contacted the Service Manager and he himself was shocked that how did this part even pass through the "strict" QC test. Apart from that I also think that this was at somepoint a item damaged during shipping and Asus carelessly put it in the bin for RMA replacement without checking it.

6 minutes ago, rounakr94 said:

I have contacted the Service Manager and he himself was shocked that how did this part even pass through the "strict" QC test. Apart from that I also think that this was at somepoint a item damaged during shipping and Asus carelessly put it in the bin for RMA replacement without checking it.

Well, ASUS and MSI are known for the horrid RMA departments/customer service.  This is why I usually avoid both of them.

VashTheStampede 4.0:

CPU: AMD Threadripper 1950x | CPU Cooling: EKWB Liquid Cooling(EK-Supremacy sTR4 RGB - Nickel, EK-CoolStream SE 280, EK-Vardar EVO 140ER Black x 2, EK-XRES 100 SPC-60 MX PWM (incl. pump), EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm - Red (6-pack), EK-DuraClear 9,5/12,7mm 3M, and Scarlet Red Premix) | Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Mobo: Asrock X399 Taichi | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GBs (2x16) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB M.2-2280 SSD/PNY CS900 240GB SSD/Toshiba X300 4TB 7200RPM | GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Edition(Replacing with a Radeon VII | Case: Fractal Define R5 Blackout Edition w/Window | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Blackout Edition with Cherry MX Silent Reds | Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS | Headphones:  AKG K7XX Mass Drop Editions(Replacing with k712s) | Mic: Audio-Technica ATR2500 | Speakers: Mackie MR624 Studio Monitors

Surtr:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G(Temp/Upping to a Zen 2 Ryzen 7) | CPU Cooling: Wraith(Dark Rock Pro 4 when I get the 3700x or 3800x) | Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryronaut | Mobo: Asrock x470 Taichi | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GBs (2x8) DDR4-3200 | Storage: PNY - BX500 240 GB SSD+Seagate Constellation ES.3 1TB 7200RPM | GPU: PowerColor - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB RED DEVIL | Case: Corsair - SPEC-DELTA RGB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold | Optical Drive: Random HP DVD Drive | Operating System: Windows 10 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 with Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS Speakers: JBL LSR 305 Studio Monitors(At some point)

Prince of Dark Rock:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | CPU Cooling: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 | Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryronaut | Mobo: MSI B450 Tomahawki | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 8GBs (2x4) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Crucial - BX200 240 GB SSD+Seagate Constellation ES.3 1TB 7200RPM | GPU: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC | Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox MB511 | PSU: Corsair - CXM 550W | Optical Drive: Random HP DVD Drive | Operating System: Windows 10 Home | Keyboard: Rosewill - NEON K85 RGB BR | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite Destiny 2 Edition 

4 hours ago, rounakr94 said:

As long as they send out a replacement quickly, I'd say no harm.

For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *