Ryzen 9 3900x Memory Frequencies questions

Hello there,

Currently I have a system running on i5-7400, I looking to upgrade my systems to a Ryzen 9 3900x. 
But when I look at the AMD specs sheet I saw they specified system memories runs at DDR4-3200, right now I have 2 x 8gb 2400 mhz DDR4 kingston standard with no heatsink or what so ever.

So can I use back these rams on the ryzen 9 3900x CPU? I know it will have some performance bottleneck over the infinity fabric and the memory part, but I will upgrade those rams later when I save up enough bucks for the new rams, but right now i5-7400 aint gonna cut it with the tasks I am working on.

TL:DR Is 2400mhz rated DDR4 going to run on Ryzen 9 3900x?

Thanks

Thanks for the answers. Now I can proceed to purchase CPU and Board first. Any chance that I can overclock my current 2400mhz to higher frequencies until I get my ram kits? I am not really an OC person, have no knowledge in pushing those limits.

I currently have Kingston DDR4-2400 8gb ValueRam and G.Skill Aegis DDR4-2400 8G plugged into my system. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am planning to go for Ryzen 3900X too. With G.skill tridentz royal 2x8gb 3200Mhz. Would be a jump in performance if I grab faster rams? Like 3600 or 4266Mhz. The price is too steep for those. Or is it better to OC the 3200Mhz rams?

Thanks for advices

On 7/21/2019 at 2:58 AM, Kleofash said:

I am planning to go for Ryzen 3900X too. With G.skill tridentz royal 2x8gb 3200Mhz. Would be a jump in performance if I grab faster rams? Like 3600 or 4266Mhz. The price is too steep for those. Or is it better to OC the 3200Mhz rams?

Thanks for advices

Well I think the maximum you can get benefits for Ryzen cpu is @ 3600mhz for ram speeds. Above that will slightly decrease your performance according to some gaming benches. I think your ram speed is good enough for that 3900x.