Help regarding re-pasting G752VS

Hey guys.

I own Asus ROG G752VS laptop(product page). For the past few months, the temperatures of cpu and gpu are relatively high while playing intensive games. So, I have decided to re-paste my laptop.

My concerns are:

1. Which thermal paste should I use?

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut (link) or Arctic MX-4 (link)

2. For cooling the VRMs, which thermal pad should I buy?

3. While disassembling my laptop, I am worried of static that may kill the motherboard. What precaution should I take to prevent this?

Thanks!

Don't worry about the static, I've been working on computers for the last 14 years and never had a single issue. Worked on carpet about 50% of the time.

Use whichever thermal compound you'd like, I personally use Artic Silver 5.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

• 7 months later...

Hello there,

I was looking through many forums cause I've an issue similar to yours. My ROG G752VS also starts to get a bit hot while gaming and I'm thinking of re-pasting it and I started to wonder what thermal pads would be the best. 
Any chance that you remember which ones you used? Doesn't have to be a specific brand, the thing that I'm mostly concerned about is the thickness of the thermal pads.

• 3 months later...
On 2/6/2020 at 6:21 PM, Ayen said:

Hello there,

I was looking through many forums cause I've an issue similar to yours. My ROG G752VS also starts to get a bit hot while gaming and I'm thinking of re-pasting it and I started to wonder what thermal pads would be the best. 
Any chance that you remember which ones you used? Doesn't have to be a specific brand, the thing that I'm mostly concerned about is the thickness of the thermal pads.

Hi, i'm also wondering about re pasting my laptop, did you already repaste yours? and if you did could you tell me which thickness of pads were needed?