FarCry4 FPS

Hey all,

I decided to play through FarCary 4 again as it is such a great game and I was craving this kind of gameplay. 

My problem is, is the game will drop to 36 FPS fairly often (exactly half of my 72 FPS limiter) and I am not sure why. I do not see how to de-limit the frames in game, so I keep it at the max, 72.

Specs:

Cpu: Ryzen 3 2200g oc'ed to 3.85

Gpu: Gtx 1060 6gb slightly oc'ed

Ram: 8gb ddr4 3000mhz

I have played with gsync settings and tripple buffering and no combination seems to change this. I find it pretty suspicious that it cuts my max frames In half and stays there for a while when it decides to. 

I feel that this happens after a mission has been completed and I get some ui interfering, but it then lingers and I cannot figure out why.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

[Desktop]  [Ryzen 5 3600 6c/12t Stock]  [2x8gb DDR4 @ 3200MHz]  [RTX 3070 Ti FE Stock]  [Oculus Rift S]

[Laptop]  [i5-10300h 4c/8c @ up to 4.5GHz]  [2x8gb DDR4 @ 2933MHz]  [1660ti Max-Q]  [Oculus Rift S]

29 minutes ago, RainGamma said:

Try playing without g sync 

So far, I have. I have tried many combinations of on/off different buffering settings, no luck.

[Desktop]  [Ryzen 5 3600 6c/12t Stock]  [2x8gb DDR4 @ 3200MHz]  [RTX 3070 Ti FE Stock]  [Oculus Rift S]

[Laptop]  [i5-10300h 4c/8c @ up to 4.5GHz]  [2x8gb DDR4 @ 2933MHz]  [1660ti Max-Q]  [Oculus Rift S]