XPS 15 or Surface Book 2

I'm looking to get a laptop by the time school starts but actually buying it now or soon, I'm debating between the Surface Book 2 (i5 8th gen, 8gb of RAM and 256gb ssd) or the Dell XPS 15 (i7 8750H, 16gb RAM, 1050ti and 512gb ssd)

Now clearly spec wise it should be obvious to me but I'm planning on running programs like premiere pro, after effects and photoshop, I need something with an all day battery and I'm really interested in the functionality of a tablet and the surface pen.

Thoughts? Ideas? I need to know what you guys can suggest me that'll last me a full school day and be able to run the programs I've talked about above..

This has been discussed a couple times here over the last few months and the answer is usually something like - Try both and go with the one you like most.

If you need a tablet with a pen, then the surface isn't bad (ipad is better) but you need to try them out to see what works best for you.  People who ask about this either settle for something that will do it all, or end up getting 2 devices.

The XPS is obviously way more machine, but if you don't need it, the then pro would be a better choice.

EDIT - I mean the surface would be a better choice.

Neither are good options IMO

If you want tablet+pen, I'll suggest buying laptop and tablet separately

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128