PC build suggestions

Hey, I am looking to build a new pc but I haven't kept up with the new current pc parts that are available. I would like some advice and suggestions on a build I could get. all help is greatly appreciated.

1. Budget & Location

I would like the build to be $2,000 AUD which is about $1,400 $USD.  I am willing to spend a bit extra if I need to but I would rather not.

2. Aim

I want the pc mainly for gaming and to be able to run the upcoming games smoothly like cyberpunk, doom, etc. I also will use to pc for general use and school work.

3. Monitors

I currently have a BenQ gaming monitor (i forgot the model) but I am looking to buy 2 new monitors for a dual setup which are the same monitor. I don't want 2 different monitors. I plan on buying the monitors at a later date so they don't need to fit in with the budget I mentioned before. Any suggestions on some monitors I could get would be appreciated. I don't plan on going to a triple monitor setup as 2 will be fine for me.

4. Peripherals

I currently have the Corsair k70 lux RGB keyboard, Razer death adder and the hyperx cloud 2 gaming headset. (quite the mix of brands I know.). I will need to purchase a copy of windows.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I want to upgrade as my current pc is 6 years old and is struggling to run some of the newer games as it will either freeze or just crash/

need os/monitor/peripherals?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

32 minutes ago, Supersnakeman said:

Well you picked a bad time, because Ryzen 3000 comes out on July 7th, so I'd maybe just wait for that. MSI's B450 boards can update the bios without a CPU, can should be fine with the 8 core assuming they get updates, just wait for reviews.

Otherwise probably go with a cheap RX 570 or 580, or NAVI comes out on the same day.

I really wouldn't bother with a triple monitor set up though, just go for a big 4k display or a 1440p 21:9 display

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 hour ago, Supersnakeman said:

Hey, I am looking to build a new pc but I haven't kept up with the new current pc parts that are available. I would like some advice and suggestions on a build I could get. all help is greatly appreciated.

1. Budget & Location

I would like the build to be $2,000 AUD which is about $1,400 $USD.  I am willing to spend a bit extra if I need to but I would rather not.

2. Aim

I want the pc mainly for gaming and to be able to run the upcoming games smoothly like cyberpunk, doom, etc. I also will use to pc for general use and school work.

3. Monitors

I currently have a BenQ gaming monitor (i forgot the model) but I am looking to buy 2 new monitors for a dual setup which are the same monitor. I don't want 2 different monitors. I plan on buying the monitors at a later date so they don't need to fit in with the budget I mentioned before. Any suggestions on some monitors I could get would be appreciated. I don't plan on going to a triple monitor setup as 2 will be fine for me.

4. Peripherals

I currently have the Corsair k70 lux RGB keyboard, Razer death adder and the hyperx cloud 2 gaming headset. (quite the mix of brands I know.). I will need to purchase a copy of windows.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I want to upgrade as my current pc is 6 years old and is struggling to run some of the newer games as it will either freeze or just crash/

You might be looking atsomething like this....

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($232.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M Pro4-F Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($99.00 @ Umart) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($116.60 @ Newegg Australia) 
Storage: Crucial - BX500 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.90 @ Shopping Express) 
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 580 8 GB NITRO+ Special Edition Video Card  ($299.00 @ Device Deal) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($69.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($85.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Monitor: BenQ - ZOWIE XL2411P 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($329.00 @ PC Byte) 
Monitor: BenQ - ZOWIE XL2411P 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($329.00 @ PC Byte) 
Total: $1676.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-16 14:27 AEST+1000

You should rather wait fr the upcoming ryzen 2 cpus nd navi gpus. They are worth the wait.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

I'm in no rush to get this build at the moment if it is better for me to wait for new parts to be released I will.

pick what you need and you believe :

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($288.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450M MORTAR TITANIUM Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($140.00 @ Umart) 
Memory: G.Skill - Sniper X 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($126.50 @ Newegg Australia) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($165.00 @ Umart) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB AORUS Video Card  ($1099.00 @ PC Byte) 
Case: Inwin - 101 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($91.00 @ I-Tech) 
Power Supply: Antec - High Current Gamer 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($96.00 @ Amazon Australia) 
Total: $2005.50
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-16 15:32 AEST+1000

2 hours ago, vexicus365 said:

You might be looking atsomething like this....

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($232.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M Pro4-F Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($99.00 @ Umart) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($116.60 @ Newegg Australia) 
Storage: Crucial - BX500 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.90 @ Shopping Express) 
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 580 8 GB NITRO+ Special Edition Video Card  ($299.00 @ Device Deal) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($69.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($85.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Total: $1676.50
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-16 14:27 AEST+1000

You should rather wait fr the upcoming ryzen 2 cpus nd navi gpus. They are worth the wait.

If that's all 2000 is gonna get him, there's something sincerely wrong...

Here's a solid ass gaming build:

• The i7 9700K is certainly doable at this price point, you could save a few with the 8700K and really not lose too much in performance as well.
    • Ryzen 3rd gen is coming out soon and boasts that they have beat Intel in single core performance as well. I am interested to see if they have! If that's the case, at this price point the i7 would be an easy swap out for an R7 3700X or 3800X available July 7th. The board would be a swap out for either a B550 or X570 board available on the same date. Pricing-wise it is a fairly similar model.
    • Do note that even if Ryzen beats Intel a bit, these parts will be competitive in gaming and are currently available. They're only boasting a 1-2% single core victory.
  • Solid cooler, MOBO, and PSU for stock or overclocked use. If you could foot another $25 this RMX PSU would be a nice upgrade.
  • The Windforce RTX cards are super solid. They Overclock well, and their stock and boost speeds are massive just out of the box. If I were buying right now, I wouldn't look any other direction.

Additionally you could try this:

I knocked down the i7 to an i5 9600K. Not as good, but still a solid gaming CPU. What you lose in FPS there, you'd make up for in the upgrade to the RTX 2080. The cooler and MOBO downgraded accordingly to make that squeeze, since the i5 doesn't require as much nuts as the i7 does for overclock.

I think overall, the first build is where I'd land, but this is an example of being able to fit a 2080 into your build and still using a modern Intel chip.

Realistically if Ryzen beats out Intel, the i5 is the section that's going to take the heaviest blow, since the ONLY thing i5 has over Ryzen 5 (or Ryzen 7 for that matter.) is single core gaming performance.

On 6/16/2019 at 12:21 PM, trevb0t said:

If that's all 2000 is gonna get him, there's something sincerely wrong...

Here's a solid ass gaming build:

• The i7 9700K is certainly doable at this price point, you could save a few with the 8700K and really not lose too much in performance as well.
    • Ryzen 3rd gen is coming out soon and boasts that they have beat Intel in single core performance as well. I am interested to see if they have! If that's the case, at this price point the i7 would be an easy swap out for an R7 3700X or 3800X available July 7th. The board would be a swap out for either a B550 or X570 board available on the same date. Pricing-wise it is a fairly similar model.
    • Do note that even if Ryzen beats Intel a bit, these parts will be competitive in gaming and are currently available. They're only boasting a 1-2% single core victory.
  • Solid cooler, MOBO, and PSU for stock or overclocked use. If you could foot another $25 this RMX PSU would be a nice upgrade.
  • The Windforce RTX cards are super solid. They Overclock well, and their stock and boost speeds are massive just out of the box. If I were buying right now, I wouldn't look any other direction.

Additionally you could try this:

I knocked down the i7 to an i5 9600K. Not as good, but still a solid gaming CPU. What you lose in FPS there, you'd make up for in the upgrade to the RTX 2080. The cooler and MOBO downgraded accordingly to make that squeeze, since the i5 doesn't require as much nuts as the i7 does for overclock.

I think overall, the first build is where I'd land, but this is an example of being able to fit a 2080 into your build and still using a modern Intel chip.

Realistically if Ryzen beats out Intel, the i5 is the section that's going to take the heaviest blow, since the ONLY thing i5 has over Ryzen 5 (or Ryzen 7 for that matter.) is single core gaming performance.

monitors? peripherals?

Provided the games, he wont need that much horsepower.

Also, this budget can be used somewhere else.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W