New PC for Gaming and Video Editing

Nalvexxx
Just now, jerubedo said:

Nope, it won't be an issue. I've used that exact RAM kit on the UD before and it runs its rated speeds without any issues.

does anyone pay attention to those support lists if they dont need to be followed? can someone provide insight. thanks

41 minutes ago, Nalvexxx said:

does anyone pay attention to those support lists if they dont need to be followed? can someone provide insight. thanks

As long as the motherboard says it supports the listed frequency of the kit I've never had an issue. Can't speak for everyone but in 10+ builds I've never checked the QVL and have went with anyone from G.skill, corsair, team group and patriot

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 4ghz @ 1.35v  CPU Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev b  Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon  GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 +150/+1000 Memory: 16GB Viper 4 @ 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die  Storage: 1TB Patriot VPN100 NVMe; 500GB 860evo; 128gb 840pro CaseCooler Master Q500L  PSU: CX750M V2 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Other: 6 Corsair LL Fans; 2 aRGB Strips

43 minutes ago, Nalvexxx said:

You may not be able to press 1 button(XMP) and have it work but you should at least be able to dial in the frequency and timings.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 4ghz @ 1.35v  CPU Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev b  Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon  GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 +150/+1000 Memory: 16GB Viper 4 @ 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die  Storage: 1TB Patriot VPN100 NVMe; 500GB 860evo; 128gb 840pro CaseCooler Master Q500L  PSU: CX750M V2 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Other: 6 Corsair LL Fans; 2 aRGB Strips

25 minutes ago, ahmad13610 said:

CPU Cooler: Scythe - Ninja 5 43.03 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 

Nah this ain't gonna work with a 9900K, that chip runs hot 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

21 minutes ago, BigRom said:

Nah this ain't gonna work with a 9900K, that chip runs hot 

googling first, don't judge before research.

3 minutes ago, ahmad13610 said:

I know it will work, just that with a 9900K you might as well invest in a proper cooler if you're throwing that much money on a CPU since it is known to run hot and overclocking will only produce even more heat.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

2 hours ago, ahmad13610 said:

Not to mention you didn't post in canadian partpicker format, so your build roughly translates to $2,000 for OP.

5 hours ago, Nalvexxx said:

thanks so much everyone! lots of decisions to make. it looks like everyone loves the gskill aegis 3000 mhz a lot.

only issue is that its not a supported/preferred RAM module on my motherboard's support list (Gigabyte Z390 UD):

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-UD-rev-10#support-doc

is this an issue?

The MB manufacturers don't have any incentive to keep testing new RAM. Check here instead for RAM guaranteed by G Skill:

https://www.gskill.com/en/configurator

2 hours ago, fluxdeity said:

Not to mention you didn't post in canadian partpicker format, so your build roughly translates to $2,000 for OP.

yea, my bad, sry

7 hours ago, Nalvexxx said:

For Intel one only needs to insure that a memory kit is XMP compatible. AMD Ryzen is getting close to that point, but can still be a bit picky so motherboard memory QVL are a place to start. Some memory manufacturers have motherboard QVL. General searches are also useful. I typically use the memory part number and the word ryzen to find chatter about using the part with a ryzen cpu.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.