Laptop performance degraded after Windows 10 v1903 Update

I updated my laptop to Windows 10 v1903 a week ago. After that, the performance of my system slowly started to degrade, browsers would lag, video players would lag quite a lot, windows explorer is also slow. 2 days ago I installed a clean copy of Windows 10 v1809 (because the problems started after the v1903 update and it was running very well on the v1809) on my laptop, installed all the drivers, and updated the windows to latest and I still suffer from the same performance issues. I also ran Windows Performance Recorder and the result of that is uploaded to OneDrive and here's the link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag5mTctbb9iIhld7HS7-Ru2Lcs8W?e=nJYSga

The specs of my laptop are:
Core i5 - 8250U
NVIDIA Geforce MX150 (2 GB)
8 GB RAM
1 TB HDD

Any advice is appreciated.

Edit: I have the same video lag in Ubuntu.

Edited by BatmanwParents
I have to add additinal information.

This may be unrelated to Windows, but your laptop may be overheated because of dust.

If not - maybe you configured some settings better in previous version of Windows and now you're forgot about made the same settings (Power Options at first). Upgrade can revert some changes in system settings.

I installed Windows 10 1903 on an old laptop and noticed it was very slow and sluggish compared to windows 7. I installed windows 8.1 pro and it is much better compared to W10 1903. Not sure what they did to make it slower.

2 hours ago, networkdown said:

I installed Windows 10 1903 on an old laptop and noticed it was very slow and sluggish compared to windows 7. I installed windows 8.1 pro and it is much better compared to W10 1903. Not sure what they did to make it slower.

Well, it's hard to say. Probably old laptop is not modern computer after all. I was using Opera 6 years ago on Pentium 160MHz and it was pretty fast while new version was much slower. Situation changes when I upgrade my computer - new version was much faster and old was slower. Modern OS require modern hardware - it's normal.

BUT - you can spend some time to configure win10, disable all features that was not present in win7 (including modern options in Defender) and your win10 will be fast. But probably, as many users, you want to eat a cake and have one - all features enabled and faster os. No, it not work that way.

Good point. I really just use this old laptop for websurfing and email while on the go. For now I will leave win 8.1 on here.